Baby Size: An action figure or dill pickle (according to a cute chart I found on Pinterest)
Much like my first pregnancy food is not a huge piece of this whole thing for me. I mostly eat to avoid blood sugar swings but no intense cravings yet. I can tolerate sandwiches, cereal, yogurt, plain bagels with cream cheese, soup, smoothies, crackers, pasta and fruit. I can eat just about anything which makes me REALLY thankful. We did eat at an amazing Tibetan restaurant a few weeks ago and I about popped from all the chicken tikka masala and coconut rice pudding I consumed.
Anything that is grilled (just the SMELL of the grill makes me nauseous!!), raw meat (not that I'm eating it but the sight of it), anything overly salty.
3 Pros of Week 16
1. My belly has really popped so I get the door held open for me, lots of smiles from people and so many questions about the baby
2. I mostly feel pretty good this week! The most intense nausea and vomiting seems to be behind me-THANK YOU JESUS!!!
3. Not a single stretch mark and I hope it stays that way
3 Cons of Week 16:
1. The burned mouth! It's so annoying. I've been looking it up and women complain on forums but no one has good solutions. You know when you sip too hot coffee? Like that but all over all the time.
2. Frequent pregnancy migraines-they are painful and last a really long time :(
3. The blood sugar swings still come pretty strongly if I go more than an hour without eating
We walk every evening as a family for about 30 minutes. I try to keep track of my FitBit to get 4 miles in throughout the whole day or about 10,000-12,000 steps a day. If I'm feeling really ambitious I walk with the boys in the morning and do all the hills around our neighborhood.
Best Moment of the Week:
I successfully completed a full work week of hospital orientation with no major nausea, throwing up or issues. That felt like I've really turned a corner in this pregnancy to have the stamina to be able to do that. Thankful for my body being able to handle more.
Ryan and the boys:
Ryan continues to take AMAZING care of me with food, late night bowls of cereal, foot rubs and thoughtfulness. Giddy just yesterday afternoon saw my belly when I was changing out of my work shirt, pointed to it and with HUGE eyes said "Oooooo!" Clearly he was impressed with the size. Baby Boy mostly just bounces on my belly when I hold him and has no clue what's going on-ha!