Wednesday, March 8, 2017

On Having Two Boys Under 1.5 years Old

I think it's important to just say a few things about have two boys under 1.5 years old...

#1  My toddler has watched Finding Dory...before 9 am... in it's entirety... the last 3 mornings... in a row... so I can drink a cup of coffee and get ready.  Boom.  Slaying motherhood.

#2  I feel terribly guilty about not holding Baby Boy enough some days.  We do our best to snuggle and carry him but some days his front row seat to life is from his rocker or boppy.  

#3  Is a pack of gummies considered a good snack for a toddler? Like a serving of fruit right? Ha!

Having two little boys 16 months apart just about qualifies you for sainthood in my mind.  Every day gets more manageable.  If you're a mama just starting out it DOES GET EASIER!

(It does get easier, right? Right??)

When I had a 16 month old in a leg cast and a high-needs foster baby in our 950 sq foot apartment, I thought to myself: "NOPE. THESE ARE NOT THE DAYS."

But on Monday when I got all three of us to the library and our favorite bakery on as a reward all in one piece.  That was a win.

Driving Downtown in morning traffic for a doctor's appointment and finagle-ing a double stroller through a parking garage?  That was a big win!

Counting the wins over here!

My house is messier than I like.  The laundry often sits in the basket for days.  And there has been more than one rim in our toilet that I don't even like to think about because Gideon recently dunked his toy truck right into that water...*shudder*

But despite our adjustments and messiness these boys are big time blessings.  Like the best.  I'm so thankful for them.  And today I shall embrace the movie watching and gummy eating.  Because the days of eating more veggies and watching less TV are coming, but today is not that day.

There is a time for everything,
    and a season for every activity under the heavens:

Ecclesiates 3:1

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...