Wednesday, September 28, 2016

We're Blessed in the Busy

Hi All!  

We are soaking up this September.  How is the weather so dreamy and perfect?!  Our walks in the evening are exactly the right temperature.  The doodles think they are in heaven not being too hot and Giddy Lou gets such a kick out of the leaves that blow off the trees into his stroller if the wind picks up.

Here's something totally out of control...

Ryan and my dad drive our 4Runner and whatever we can fit into our 5'X10' trailer out to California in exactly 2 weeks!  Crazy!!  

We have been selling stuff like crazy, giving away even more, and generally developing a refreshed hatred of "stuff".  UGHHH we have so much crap we don't need.  I'm shocked every time I pack a box and realize with a stark embarrassment that I am so materialistic...and most times don't even realize it! 

  I'm mulling over the idea of a "10 Item Wardrobe" I just saw from one of my favorite bloggers so might be starting that up soon... 

Nothing like a move will show you how much you have and how much you don't need!

Anyway, back on topic: my mom and I are flying to CA with Gideon a few days later so we can be in town for my sweet nephew JJ's first birthday party.  Wouldn't miss that for the world! 

I'm absolutely struck by how well loved we are as we prepare to move.  Gid and I are trying to cram in as many playdates as possible and while we aren't seeing nearly as many people as we would like to,  it's a gift all the same.  

We don't have time for a good-bye party because of Ryan's insane work/travel schedule and that feels like a loss for us.  But sometimes you just can't make it all happen.  For the community we are seeing and being loved by, it's very sweet.

Here are some recent pics of what's filling up our last days in Colorado

This little pumpkin is loving to crawl in cupboards, open cabinets, climb boxes, and generally show his mama what a daredevil he is

We met baby Chloe and Amanda at City Park in Denver for a picnic.  We had so much fun chatting and seeing the babies explore everything

One afternoon last week we had a family date to the pool (on of our favorite spots!) and Giddy showed off his cute thighs in his baby speedo.  He even balanced unassisted for about 5-10 seconds in the water!  He's not a walker yet but probably soon

Great Aunt Lou Ann came to visit us here in Colorado to say goodbye before we leave and to meet the boys before they get much bigger.  She loved them both and they adored her.  Also, how out of control is JJ's hair?  He is too much.


Giddy Lou--this kid is going to be the class clown, that is for sure.  He is legitimately funny!  Daddy wanted a picture of us so I went to take one and Gid promptly and perfectly put his chubby foot right under my chin and I took the pic.  

Gid and JJ got a playdate yesterday evening.  They feasted on Chick Fil A, played every toy imaginable, went on a walk, and even got to have a bath together.  These two love each other.

My goodness they look more like little twins than cousins! 

Is there anything yummier than two clean boys in footie jammies??

Ahhh and this is perfection in a picture!!  French press coffee with pumpkin spice creamer.  I love it and will start my morning this way as often as possible.  Bless coffee!!



SQUEEEEAAAALLL!!!  Another one of my favorite bloggers is now an author! I pre-ordered Shannan Martin's new book Falling Free awhile ago and it came last week.  I've been devouring it. Ryan says I'm obsessed with her...no time for haters, yo!  

Her book ranks right next to David Platt's Radical for me.  She challenges me, helps me re-examine my faith, encourages radical steps of faith, and generally makes me want to be her best friend.  Order it if you know what's good for you!

And finally, the best month of the year starts on Saturday tra-la-la-la!  Have a good week :)

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.
2 Corinthians 12:9

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...