Sunday, September 4, 2016

Sick September

Poor Gideon has spent every. single. day. of September so far either growing, teething or just sick.  Poor baby!!  I have to say that I expected him to be a little less sick in his lifetime considering he is breastfed and we are not gross people who don't wash hands or have a filthy house.

He is around lots of friends every week and in social places so that's obviously the culprit.  Fevers and baby sickness are the devil.

His Grammy came to watch him last week so Ryan and I could go on a morning day date and he slept over 2.5 hours!!  Poor Grammy was probably so bored but they had fun once he was up.  They played driver, played in the tunnel, and distracted him from feeling crummy for awhile.

We hope our Sweet Gid feels so much better, more energized and less grumpy starting right after his nap today!!  Pray for his little baby heart.  

OH!  Also not pictured is our first meeting at MOPS this year.  We are attending a different group than last year for a variety of reasons and I have to say I LOVE this one!!  The table leader is so warm and welcoming, the group is so well run and organized, breakfast is seriously a banquet and my favorite part are the beefy security guards who patrols the halls to protect the littles in childcare.  I don't know why I love that so much but it just feels like an extra ministry to mamas.

It's going to be a really special time with these ladies and I feel particularly full-hearted after our time together.  Plus Linny and I get to be at the same table!  Woot woot!

Anyway, here are a few pics from our week and I hope you have a particularly fall-ish, cozy second week of September...

On our day date, Ryan and I went to our favorite Golden coffee shop, Windy Saddle, for breakfast and then walked around downtown for a bit.  It was a cloudy day and perfect for walking the creek

There is a large community garden that was in a full bloom and it made me REALLY wish I planted a garden

This sweet boy has suffered a fever, runny nose, and just all over achey-ness. lately. We watched a movie together Friday evening to help a little

Before I really knew he was sick and I just thought it was teething we invited cousin JJ and Auntie Linny over for dinner.  We had rainbow tunnel time and brownies to help Gid perk up!

Look at these sweet boys!!  BFF's for life.

One day when he was feeling a little more energy we went to the library to pick out new books and play with friends

This morning we went to church because he had been fever free for over 24 hours.  But he only lasted 40 minutes in child care (very unusual since he really likes it in there) so we headed home early

What you heard from me, keep as the pattern of sound teaching, with faith and love in Christ Jesus. Guard the good deposit that was entrusted to you—guard it with the help of the Holy Spirit who lives in us.
2 Timothy 1:13-14

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...