Monday, June 13, 2016

Happy 6 Year Annivesrary to Us!


Wow today we celebrate 6 years being married!!  My gratitude to Jesus for bringing Ryan and I together is truly indescribable.

Ryan and I first met at a root beer kegger in the fall of 2008; little did I know the adventures and amazing life that awaited us!! 

We have experienced the most intense joys and adventures and also some of the lowest of lows together.  I praise the Lord for both equally because each has molded, matured, and grown us in important ways.

When I was reflecting on the lsat 6 years there were so many memories flooding back and I was astounded to really record what we have accomplished alongside each other and truly because of God's grace in our lives.  Over the past years we have experienced...

Traveling to 11 countries together
1 international move to the Middle East
Earned 3 degrees while married (4 total between us)
Bought 2 homes
Adopted 2 silly goldendoodles
Endured 10 surgeries and countless doctor's appointments and hospitlaizations
Best of all...created 1 miraulous, perfect, hilarious, adventerous little human--GIDEON!

I hope our next 6 years are even more full and life-giving, that we trust the Lord with more, we see greater growth in our ambitions and family, and reflect back with the increased gratitude and praise.

The song we danced to at our wedding back in 2010 on that rainy June day was "Better Together" by Jack Johnson.  We are truly better together than apart.  And we are praising Jesus for that!

Happy 6 Year Anniversary to my favorite husband, Ryan John Decker


“But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female. ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh. So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”
Mark 10:6-9

1 comment:

  1. Amazed to know all that! Thanks for sharing it with everyone. Your location for vows is really awesome. I think you had a great fun over there! I am also thinking about a surprise party in one of iconic venues in Atlanta on my parent’s wedding anniversary.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...