Monday, February 8, 2016

It's OFFICIAL--I Have A Badge!



Alright, it's official!  They made me a badge, I filled out tax forms, and started orientation.  

I am honored to say I am truly and officially a Pediatric RN!!

 My first job is dedicated to work with a Level III acuity patient, meaning the most critical or  most intense medical needs taken on by the agency.  This is exactly what I asked for in my interview and is something I feel simultaneously challenged by and also prepared for.

 I'm working for a home health organization that has given me incredible flexibility with my schedule.  I am working short-ish night shifts which is truly perfect for our family.  So grateful for that stressor to be gone.

So far in this journey I've taken a trach/vent class, attended several orientations and now begin job shadowing a similar case until the patient is discharged from the hospital.  

It's a true privilege and serious business to be trusted with another's most precious and loved person in the whole world...their child.  And a sick one at that.  I take my job very seriously and want to show up to work 101% every single day.

The journey to becoming a real live RN has been so wonderful.  I found immense love for the medical field by being a CNA, nursing school was spectacular and demanding, working at Children's gave me incredible credibility in my RN interviews, and all my clinical placements prepared me enormously.  The only part I didn't like was the 48 hour wait to find out if I passed the NCLEX haha

But now it's all been worth it and I am so looking forward to signing my first chart: Carly Decker, RN, BSN

But the Lord is faithful. He will establish you

2 Thessalonians 3:3

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...