Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Welcoming Christmas and Advent

I am so thrilled that it's Christmas time!  #1 Because we have new little Giddy Bear that we get to share this magical season with and #2 Because it's my second favorite time of year (after fall)

Last Thursday after all the Thanksgiving guests had left and we had eaten a second huge plate of leftovers (while watching Inside Out--such a cute movie), my sweet husband lugged the Christmas decorations up from the crawlspace for me.  I decorated that night while I sipped a glass of wine and was so happy I did!  

Our home is merry and cheery and gorgeous right now.

My favorite is the fireplace because I FINALLY hung up stockings this year.  I never had them before but I got these crazy cute stockings like seriously 90% off last year at this store closing.This time last year I didn't even know we had a baby on the way so to now hang up a stocking for my little peanut is so wonderful.

Another rhythm we are setting up this year is Advent.  I ordered Ann Voskamp's Advent devotional last year, The Greatest Gift, and it's pretty magical!

While we have ambitions to do it as a family so far I have just incorporated into by morning quiet times but we are going to catch up tonight!  It's really special to make sure to walk through Advent and quiet our hearts from this chaotic season.  

That's just a quick Christmas update but hoping this season is bright and merry and restful so far for you!

A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse; from his roots a Branch will bear fruit.

Isaiah 11:1

2 comments:

  1. I am obsessed with your darling Christmas mantel! We should get some Silk Nog, decorate gingerbread houses, and light a fire in that fireplace sometime ASAP.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...