Monday, December 21, 2015

Fa la la la Fun!!!

This is a HUGE dump post!  So picture overload warning...

This December has been full of so much joy and activity for us!  We have seen lots of friends and family members, enjoyed several seasonal activities, and soaked up all that Christmas is offering us this year.

A typical day for us involves being home and spending the morning playing, reading, and doing chores.  Several times a week Gid and I meet daddy at the gym or for lunch, walk with a friend in Denver, meet up with friends for coffee, or have a babysitting day with Grammy and Gramps.

But our favorite is to play and learn at the same time!  We talked about colors and textures and animals with the blocks (pictured left) and we talked about the names of the major bones in our body, how the heart pumps blood, vaccines, and blood pressure with our medical kit (pictured right).  

Gid is a smartie!


Ryan and I always do a Christmas date (last year it was Melting Pot) and this year it was a wine tasting in Denver.  We both enjoyed it so much!  We tried 3 wine tasters, a full glass each, and then a chocolate port dessert wine. 

 I packed us a huge platter of food pairings for the wine that included salami, prosciutto, several cheeses, crackers, olives, apples, raspberries, chocolate, and almonds.  It was so nice to have my parents babysit so we could get out for a few hours and connect.  We laughed so much that night and had such a blast together.


After the wine tasting we walked downtown and found a German Christmas market so I bought a handmade glass ornament and Ryan bought a pastry.  It was truly the most perfect, relaxing evening to celebrate Christmas together.


Another way Ryan and I are figuring out how to stay connected as a couple and not just as parents is by meeting at the gym on his lunch hour to rock climb together.  My parents watch Giddy Lou so I can venture out.  Our house and Ryan's work are each 6 minutes from our gym so we meet and can get several routes in each if we get our gear on quickly.

It's a nice activity to do that doesn't revolve around Gid (as much we we love the little chub!), gives us both exercise and it's a fun hobby.


Gideon met Santa in person!  Gideon and Jay sat on Santa's lap last weekend and had a great time doing it.  Like my sister captioned it on Facebook, just 3 fat guys in matching hats!


Gideon must love Christmas as much as his mama because #1 I force him to listen to Christmas music all day long with me but also #2 He LOVES the Christmas tree.  If he's sad and I can't figure him out, I just plop him in front of the tree and 100% of the time he is a happy guy in no time at all.


I've learned as a mom that one of my favorite things to do with Gideon is just play.  He's still little so it takes some creativity to interact, but nothing makes me happier than getting a smile or laugh out of him.  My sister snapped both of these pictures.  On the left I was about to throw him in their air and he laughed and laughed.  In the picture on the right he thought getting strapped into the carseat was hilarious so that was a nice change!

Basically, it's important to me to be an interactive mama that has fun with her kiddos and is often down on the floor just exploring and playing with them.


My little heartthrob: Jay Thunell.  This kid is the absolute sweetest little thing!  I call him my coconut because he has such a nice round head haha!  I had the great honor and joy of babysitting him last week and unfortunately for him he didn't know it meant non stop kisses and loving.  I don't think he minded but he is just too yummy to set down.  

I was a little sad when he napped because I had way more kisses saved up for him so Gideon and I put him down for a nap and he rested up.  It's an enormous blessing that Gideon has so many cousins his same age.  In 2015 alone there were 3 cousins born!! Aebrynn in March, Jay in October, and Sam in December.  

It's baby heaven around here :)


The last important updates that I haven't covered in awhile...

Ryan's recovery post ostomy reversal is truly mind-blowing!  He has typically 2-3 bowel movements per day which is far less than the estimated 10-20 that many ex-ostomates will experience.  He can eat whatever he likes, has stamina and energy, his scars have really begun to heal up, and he has no issues with getting his fistula closed a few months ago.  Overall we are SO grateful we took the risk to reverse his ostomy.  It would have been such a burden and stressor for us having a new baby because the equipment changes and issues associated with his ostomy were so draining and time consuming.  

Thank you Lord for a smooth reversal and health for Ryan!

My nursing job is still up in the air.  I am looking to only work 1 day per week for very short shifts, like 4-6 hours.  I'm surprised how hard this is to come by but many families want a consistent nurse several times per week or to have only long shifts fulfilled. We are being patient to find the right fit but I am SO excited to start working and putting this BSN to good use.  Pray for a family or job to come along if you think about it!

That's all the stuff happening in December!  My heart just explodes from the goodness that overflows around us.  I am thankful.

So they hurried off and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby, who was lying in the manger. When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child, and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them. But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart. The shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things they had heard and seen, which were just as they had been told.

Luke 2:16-20

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...