Thursday, November 19, 2015

Gideon: 3 Month Update



Age: 3 months!  Oh how we love this precious baby boy!  This kid is so adaptable, curious, sweet, smiley, content, and easy going.  He is so pleased to just watch everyone around him but will happily "talk" (aka coo and babble) at one person for several minutes at a time.  He really gets a serious look on his face and will tell you everything you wanted to know about his day.  We melt.  He also laughed out loud for the first time at around 11.5 weeks and Ryan and I got to both be there for that.  SWOON!

Weight: Approximately 15 lbs

Length: Approximately 26 inches

Sizes (diapers, onesies):  He's in size 2 diapers and still wearing 3- month clothes.  It's so fun to put him in little jeans or kakhis with a sweater now.  Such a very big boy!

Eyes:  His eyes have stayed a really beautiful shade of blue and I just love those sparkly eyes!  He has the longest eyelashes that are so dreamy and I tell him all the time that ladies pay big bucks for lashes like that.  His Aunt Lindsay often tells him how gorgeous he is lol I think it's the red hair/blue eye combo ;)

Hair:  I got my redheaded baby I always dreamed of!!!  This kid has my exact red/strawberry hair and I just adore it.  It very very light  on top so he looks practically bald. And he does have a lovely bald spot on the back of his head now that he's moving his head more.  I kiss his soft little head of hair every minute of the day. 

Sleeping:  We had two HARD few weeks of sleep.  From about weeks 9-11 sleep was painful.  I would get a consistent 3-4 hour stretch during the first part of the night and then my sweet little Giddy was up every 1.5 hours after that.  I knew that would happen with a newborn and more mentally prepared, but when I have a 2-3 month old I just sort of hoped it would be different. There are probably mamas out there who have sleep a lot worse so I can't really complain but it was still hard 

Anyway, after what felt like an eternity of just being exhausted all the time my baby cakes started giving me a more relaible 4 hours strech from 10 pm to 2 a, and them waking up again around 5 am for a final feeding before getting up for the morning.  At 11.5 weeks he gave me a 9 hour stretch!!  WHAT??!?!  I was pleased by this on the one side because I got sleep but then I also don't want him sleeping that long and not getting calories.  Oh mamahood and all the thoughts and concerns that come along with it!

Eating:  We have a perfectly porky baby.  He eats every 2 hours or so during the day and is a monster eater.  He's so good at nursing and getting nice and full.  He likes to kick and talk and make lots of noises while he eats which cracks us up!

Milestones:  Giddy has amazing head control and a very strong neck and head.  He follows familiar faces, looks in the directions he hears a noise, and likes to look at toys/objects placed closely to his face.  He mimics noises, babbles, laughs, coos, and even puts weight on his fat little legs for a few seconds at a time.  He is very alert, very interactive, and is such a bright, smart little baby.

Memorable outings:  At 11.5 weeks we all headed to the mountains in Colorado Springs for a work conference for Ryan.  We stayed in a very pretty retreat center, Glen Eyrie, and really enjoyed the time away as a family.  Also, we packed like 900 things to make sure Gid was prepared for the weekend lol  It's crazy all the items a baby needs and uses!

Favorite toys/activities:  Giddy seems to really enjoy one on one time with people. He is content to be in a busy room but really likes to just make eyes contact and talk and babble to one person at a time.  

He loves any store we venture out to because of the bright lights and sounds.  We still walk several times per week but he is not enjoying his moby wrap as much and would prefer to be bundled up in his stroller where it's warmer and cozier.  He tolerates tummy time but MOST enjoys when I prop him up and we sing and dance.  This kid loves music and will happily stare at his Daddy playing the guitar.

Words/sounds:  We laugh because you can get Gideon talking by making eye contact with him and saying, "Ah-goo".  It's like translation to him as "Hello!"  It really gets him talking and it's like his own little language that just he understands.  He mimics the noises we make and he likes for us to mimic his noises back.  He has so many little sounds that we have learned to expect that are unique to him.  Love our talkative little boy!

Nicknames:  Giddy Bear, Giddy Up, Gid, Giddy, Itty Giddy Titty Monster with the tiny hiney (he won't be embarrassed of that at all when he's older...), G, Peanut, Sweet Thing, Mister, Man Cub

Funny moments:  Gideon's first laugh had Ryan and I cracking up!  We were talking with him, tickling him, kissing that plump neck and then suddenly he's laughing and laughing!!  It was this hilarious squeaky belly laugh that was the most gorgeous noise I'd ever heard in my whole life. It was too much for my heart!  

Looking forward to:  Ryan and I have both said how excited we are to just hear his voice.  Isn't that funny?  We want to know what it sounds like when he talks.  I cannot wait!  But for now I'm looking forward to consistent sleep (doesn't have to be 9 hour stretches, but in that ballpark), my boy being more alert and playful during the day, and discovering more bits and pieces to just WHO Gideon James Decker is

4 comments:

  1. Wow! He is getting so big and learning so much. I love this squishy baby/tiny man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a HUGE squish! He loves his Auntie

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Haha thanks Amber! He is such a love bug

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...