Friday, October 2, 2015

Joy Bombs!

Here are a few things that just overwhelm us with joy lately...

Joy Bomb #1: Drying our own fruit!

We have started drying our own fruit in a dehydrator Ryan's mom got us.  So far we have dried peaches and green apples.  They are such a delicious, healthy snack and so easy to throw into trail mixes!  What else can you dry?

I've heard bananas and pineapple and we will make elk and deer jerky once Ryan hunts this year...other ideas?


Joy Bomb #2:  Gideon in a collared onsie

He is SO yummy this one!!!  There are the cutest little overalls that go over this onsie that my mom got him.  He made all the girl babies that saw him schwoon!


Joy Bomb #3:  Quiet times and MOPS

This a s 2-for-1.  I find that if I feed my little chunky monkey and then moby wrap him up nice and snug I can get just about anything done in the morning.  So I've tried to set aside some chunk of time (even 5 minutes!) to getting in the Word and read the new devotional I received.

The devotional is from MOPS which is another new activity I look forward to!  I joined the one in Golden and it's a phenomenal group of women.  We get together twice a month for encouragement, community, sometimes a speaker, food, and connection.  I'm thrilled to be a part of it as a new mom!


Joy Bomb #4:  Red hair!

I kiss this rolly little neck all day and touch those soft baby hairs every chance I get.  I love Gideon's red hair and I hope it stays that way forever!!


Joy Bomb #5:  Getting to see Ryan be a Dad

It's been one of the greatest joys of bringing our little man home.  Gideon happens to adore his Daddy and often time settles down when he is upset much faster with Ryan than he does with me.  These two are two peas in a pod.  They have the same eyes, nose, expressions, adorable hiney...it's Ryan's mini-me!

 It makes my heart just swell seeing Ryan spend time with Gid and pour into him.  I hope Gideon grows up to be just like his Daddy, that would be a complete parenting success in my opinion!


Joy Bomb #6:  Community

There are A LOT of people who are in love with our little Gideon.  We have had friends and family pouring in the last 6 weeks to bring us food and support but more than anything to meet Gideon.  And everyone is so sweet with him.

Nothing makes a better visit than when people are just crazy for our boy.  It's a joy to see the people we love most in the world holding him close and caring for him.  Our hearts are just brimming after those kinds of visits.


We have tremendous joy these last few weeks for so many reasons.  We often tell the Lord, we don't know what we did to deserve such good gifts and a rich life!  His grace is overwhelmingly undeserved and sweet.

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Romans 15:13

2 comments:

  1. Mini Ryan! He's very thoughtful in that pic with his daddy! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is SUCH a mini-Ryan! I love how his cubby cheeks were puffed out in that pic ;)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...