Thursday, August 6, 2015

Pregnancy Weeks 35 & 36


Week 35 & 36 Pregnancy Questionnaire

Baby Size: A head of romaine lettuce except that this kid weighs 6 lbs and romaine lettuce doesn't...

My weight gain so far:  
Somewhere in the ball park of 28 or 29 lbs.  Depends on the morning I guess.  After seeing my belly last week, our doula actually suggested we bring a newborn sized outfit to the hospital but to also pack a 0-3 month outfit too because this kiddo is a large healthy bundle!  We were laughing about what nice robust babies the Decker genes produce ;)

Food loves: 
I've been eating a lot of raw veggies dipped in cottage cheese.  Cauliflower, carrots, and celery (although celery tastes no bueno).  I microwave a sweet potato most days to go with lunch and try to keep fresh fruit on hand all the time to snack on.  Cold grapes right before bed is always a good choice!

We have been grilling a lot so burgers, brats, chicken, and veggies are yummy.  I like coffee ice cream, anything with chocolate, greek yogurt smoothies, and of course my beloved Cheerios.  Recently I have been eating Clif bars when I'm on the run and those are very yummy!  Nothing else too crazy with food...I eat what I can when I can and just try to get in enough water and protein.

Food hates: 
Nothing too new here...basically anything too pork-y, grease-y, cheese-y, egg-y, or just gross.  Also, I loathe sausage.  And the inventor of cumin.

3 Pros of Week 35 & 36:
1.  We are officially done with our Bradley classes after a final private session with our teacher and doula.  We covered breastfeeding, newborn care, and labor details.  We feel about as prepared as we can intellectually and know that no matter how much we prepare the learning curve will be steep!
2. As I've mentioned before, my very hard working and generous husband makes it possible for me to stay home.  I've been trying to steward that time responsibly to learn all I can about everything baby.  From vaccines, to parenting styles, newborn calming techniques, and breastfeeding dietary needs.  I've been using the last two weeks to learn all I can and am grateful for the chance.
3. Being so very close to birth!  I'm feeling increasingly more crowded with each week and to know we will meet our peanut in the next 4-6 weeks keeps me encouraged.  Although it does nothing to help my poor bladder :(

3 Cons of Week 35 & 36:
1. Not getting great sleep due to a large baby Decker head on my bladder.  It's a real problem, people!
2.  Walking a little more slowly. I used to be able to cover a mile with the doodles in less than 20 minutes.  Now it's more like 25 minutes.  Oh well, just have to plan more time for exercise.
3.  Minor aches and pains that come with a bigger belly.  I have some internal ligament pain that kicks in when this kid really stretches out.  And my ribs feel super scrunched whenever I sit too long.  But if those are my biggest complaints...I shouldn't be complaining at all!

Working Out:
Walking my life away!  I have started getting the doods up again for a 1 mile walk in the a.m. (if it's cool enough) and then Ryan is always a wonderful sport and we walk 2-3 miles at night.  I can't say enough good things about walking when pregnant.

Best Moment of the Week:
There are always lots of good moments but I was feeling particularly large and in charge one day at the grocery store.  This exuberant/friendly older couple (with their enormous service dog!) stopped me in the aisle and genuinely told me how good I looked and that I "had that glow".  They were so, so kind.  They asked about baby and then I got to hear about their ridiculously huge dog.  I know I say this every post, but you can never say enough encouraging and nice things to a preggo!

Also, last weekend Ryan and I basically got the entire weekend together.  I didn't have to share him with anyone or any house projects!  It's been really important to me (to both of us!) that we are making the most of our last few weeks together.  A Ryan-Decker-filled weekend was just what I needed.

Ryan:
Ryan has completed just about every house project he set out to do before baby. His nesting instinct is SO strong!  I appreciate him making sure our house is safe and welcoming for baby Decker.

He tells me everyday how excited he is to meet our little one and is already making plans to utilize paternity leave well.  His work give him 3 weeks off-how amazing is that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...