Monday, July 6, 2015

4th of July Loveliness

We had such a fun 4th of July weekend!

Minus my food poisoning.  But more on that later.

On Friday we drove up to Steamboat to kick off our weekend to celebrate nephew Henry's 1st birthday!  He is such a little stud muffin and we swoon over his chunkiness every time we see him.  

And by we, I mean just me.  There isn't much more I love than a baby with some rolls!

Unfortunately I didn't get any pics of the little guy on his birthday but just so you all can appreciate him, here is a sweet picture of his utter deliciousness!!  He is literally too cute!!


We spent the day with family eating, talking, and Ryan and I walked our doodles a few times since they made the trek up with us.  Steamboat is so gorgeous and we wish we could have spent even more time up there!

There were wildflowers everywhere!

The doodles hated it up there...nowhere to run and play and get muddy and explore ;)

Let's play, "Spot A Grumples".  He is so hidden back there in the shade!

Grumples is his natural habitat

Ryan with NO BAG!!!  Doesn't his tummy look great?!  And just a little pregnancy shot of me and Baby D

The next day was the actual 4th which we were really looking forward to!  Ryan spent all morning and most of the afternoon doing a big project on our rental house but still had a few hours to rest afterwards.  He works SO hard and has so much dang energy!

That evening we had my parents up for dinner.  The menu was grilled chicken/veggie kabobs, potato salad, chips, blueberries, and my mom brought peach pie for dessert.  Yum!

This is what a 4th of July dinner should look like!

My parents-hello parents!

Oh wow I'm surprised you can even spot Ryan with my giant belly practically blocking him out of the pic

The doodles with their favorite person in the world.  No one else exists when John Nelson is around

That evening we went to see fireworks about a mile from our house.  We packed up some lawn chairs and drove to a large hill where you can oversee all of Golden.  We were there about 20 minutes when out of NO WHERE I started getting really light-headed and sweaty and thought I was going to pass out.  My stomach started cramping and we had to leave asap!  

We didn't get to see any fireworks :(

I got home right as what had to have been food poisoning hit!  UGH it was awful!  Ryan assures me he has never seen me so sick.  We have no idea what caused it as Ryan and I had been together 24/7 since the long weekend started.  Who knows...

But I survived (obviously) and am just fine now :)  It made for a memorable 4th.

A deceptively misleading picture about what was happening with my guts.  Pain and misery would strike shortly after this picture

It was a gorgeous evening with perfect weather

And this picture is courtesy of my mom who loves all things grandbaby/preggo belly.  I'm not sure how I'm going to go at least another 8-10 weeks of getting bigger but I know our bodies are designed to do it!!


Sunday we took the day off to re-coop from the war my stomach had raged and Ryan was pretty wiped from his house projects.  We slept in, went to the library, read, watched movies, and Ryan snuggled little Poppy until her heart burst with happiness.

She cannot get enough of him.


This week I am busy studying, studying, studying!!  I take the NCLEX in the next 2 weeks sometime if I can get is scheduled the way I want it.  Please pray for an open test date in a nearby city so I don't have to drive to dang Wyoming!  And for a first time pass success story :)

Ryan is back to work this week full time and it will be his first full time week since reversal surgery.  He needs strength and endurance because his mind and motivation is sometimes ahead of his recovering body.  

Happy July everyone--hope you are all having great weeks too and soaking up the gift that is summer!

So I commend the enjoyment of life, because there is nothing better for a person under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany them in their toil all the days of the life God has given them under the sun.

Ecclesiastes 8:15

5 comments:

  1. Yum! I want to mug on every square inch of Henry! He is such a cutie!

    Sorry you were sick but you looked dang cute in that patriotic dress! Good work! And the doods look the happiest. What a (mostly) fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Ryan's bag-less belly!!! You and baby D are looking great! You will do great on NCLEX...just putting that out there ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kitty!! His belly is looking so good. And thanks for the encouragement. You will also ace it--FIRST TRY!!

      Delete
  3. Yay for Ryan's bag-less belly!!! You and baby D are looking great! You will do great on NCLEX...just putting that out there ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...