Sunday, June 28, 2015

Summmmmer!!!!

Our summer is in full swing!  There is not a whole lot better than a summer weekend with out a lot of plans cramming it.

Saturday morning Ryan Decker woke up us at 5:00 a.m. and then told me that I was turning HIM into more of a morning person!!  Yeah right... Early mornings are my absolute favorite time of day so I wasn't sad to be woken up but we had a few hours before the farmer's market opened.

So we headed to the store so I could get the makings for lasagna since I've been craving some for a few days.  I went in my pajamas and looked very classy.

After the store run I made a pot of coffee and cooked while Ryan watched a few shows and we just let the morning roll in.

Linny joined us at the Golden Farmer's Market and she was very patient when our doodles lost their minds and were overly excited.  We bought heirloom tomatoes, fresh garlic, local honey, and a blackberry scone to split.  She even helped me make a french silk pie after our busy morning out!

My MIL got me these super cute shirt that so many people comment on-my personal beach ball!  Heirloom tomatoes are my favorite of all time and these got turned into bruschetta asap when we got home

Ryan bought honey and this amazing cinnamon honey spread that we are pumped to put on toast

Grumpies had a very hard week (read below) and was exhausted by our morning outing.  He konked right out.  And these are my lasagnas! I can't wait to try them 

Ryan has been doing increasingly better by the day! For several weeks he has been waking up with intense nausea and bloating and we really couldn't determine why.  He had a follow up appointment on Thursday and this new PA we are seeing had the wisdom to think stomach acid.  He thinks it's an over production isue so a simple Zantac seems to be doing the trick!

Yay!

Here he is with his new apple watch that he will promptly give you the full run down on if you should ever cross paths with him.  He had a Skype apple appointment with an employee where they teach you things about your product and he actually taught his Apple guy some new things HA!


Grumpies had a visit to the vet, poor guy :(  He had been licking and licking his little paw and while I was keeping an eye on it, it wasn't until the morning of Day 3 that I finally noticed it was getting pink and swollen.  

I took him into the vet where he first got lots of treats, they shaved his paw, looked for anything sticking in it (found nothing), and then wrapped it up in a little cast so the site could heal.  Plus he got this very stylish cone... 

I call him my flashlight :)

He is on the mend only wearing his cast until Sunday and he is on a 2 week round of antibiotics and anti-inflammatories.  He has been getting S.P.O.I.L.E.D to help him feel better



On Friday afternoon I was able to meet up with my amazing friend Hannah and her little peanut, Isaac.  We enjoyed lunch at Garbanzo and walked the Highlands stores so her little man would fall asleep in his stroller.

P.S.  Here is the secret code I have unwittingly broken at Garbanzo: order a kid's pita meal but pita on the side.  Then they proceed to fill up a plate with ALL the pita fillings you could ever want and that would clearly never fit into a little 1/2 pita.  I got a giant plate of food, chips, and a drink for $4.99  Boom.

It's so nice to have a close mama friend who just went through what I'm currently experiencing so I can process with and ask my questions.  She is so wise and such a great mom!  We had a good morning.


Now with Ryan's health really coming back he is cranking out house projects like it's his job.  He is currently repainting all the trim in our house and getting our yard in tip top shape.  He is such a hard worker.  

He told me today, 'Babe, I feel SO good and I love not sitting around feeling sick!"  He truly has the most energy that I know of!  We are grateful for his progress and such a sweet summer already!

It was good for me to be afflicted that I might learn your decrees

Psalm 119:71

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...