Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Finished With Nursing School

Graduation was an excellent day and it was really special to celebrate this enormous accomplishment!  After an intensive 21 month program, I graduated magna cum laude from Denver School of Nursing with my Bachelor's of Science in Nursing. 

Wahoo!!

My parents, my sister, my in-laws, and of course Ryan John were all there to cheer and celebrate.  Reflecting on all the work, studying, clinicals, and time was important because this commitment was a huge decision.  I'm thankful for a husband and family who supported 100% as I took this journey on.

After the 2 hour ceremony we all enjoyed lunch at the Old Spaghetti Factory and I received some VERY generous graduation gifts :)

My next step is to schedule and pass the NCLEX.  By the time my school processes my transcripts and they get to the right organizations I can sit for my NCLEX about mid-July at the earliest.  If I pass the first time that leaves me due with our peanut in another 6 weeks.  After I pass the NCLEX my plan is to start work sometime in winter 2016 since not a lot of employers are willing to take on a new grad that close to her due date.

 My very generous mom (aka giddy grammy-to-be) wants to babysit at least once a per week so I'll probably look for a PRN nursing job in January-ish and see how that schedule fits for us.

 Updates in the coming weeks on my NCLEX studying progress that but for now I'm just thankful to be done with school and overwhelmed with pride at what I was able to accomplish!

Myself and Ryan who looks great in my cap.  The gold cords are for honors, the red/green/yellow cords are for participation in Global Health Perspectives, and the black ribbon with nursing pin is unique to DSN

My family all came to celebrate

Ryan's parents made it for the ceremony too

Another shot of Ryan and I once I had my cap back

My sweet friend Amanda and I.  We became so close in school and bonded especially over the last months as she is 13 weeks pregnant!  There were three of us in my cohort that were pregnant before graduation so that gave us a lot to talk about :)

All of the preggos!  We are all exactly 8 weeks apart from each other

More pictures before the ceremony

An entire cohort picture--love these people!

My sweet friend Danielle and I before the ceremony

My friend Jillie bought a selfie stick which I thought was hilarious.  She used it during the ceremony to get a shot of all of us in this section

Just a regular shot of Ryan and I--so thankful for this man who was the most integral part of making my dream of nursing a reality!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats. I remember when u first started and I was so encouraged! I have always wanted to Bea nurse but life took me down a different path. Congrats on your HUGE accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would have been a great nurse but I'm glad the Lord took you where he did instead! Thank you for belief in me the whole journey, Vee!!

      Delete
  2. The main issues of interest in Columbia University are: human memory, handling cancer, economic theory, have a look at link here for more information!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...