Monday, June 1, 2015

18 Days to Graduation

WOW!

That is INSANE to type out.  It's so surreal and wonderful to finish this journey because it wasone of the best choices of my life.

We took on nursing school after Ryan became so so sick.  I was completing my CNA license and first nursing school pre-reqs when we was hospitalized for the 2nd time in October 2012.  That seems like forever ago!

Remember my first day of nursing school back on 9/30/13?

That time I finished Quarter 3?

The time I started my first SIMS lab in Quarter 4?

When I finished Med/Surg II and took on a job at Children's Hospital?

Figuring out the busy schedules of Quarter 6?

And then that time I finished up my Capstone clinical: did 152 hours at the surgery center, 13 shifts, countless IV's, dozens of drug administrations, a lot of paperwork, and learned more than I ever thought possible?

This was a very good adventure!

Last day of capstone clinical with Baby Decker!  Who would have thought I would be carrying a little peanut with me on this last bit of nursing school?

Before graduation on 6/19 I need to finish one more big test-it's 160 questions, 4 hours long, and one that I feel more prepared for by the day.

My goal is graduate Magna Cum Laude so I'm working hard to keep my GPA up these last few weeks.  Once that final test is over I can go to my graduation ceremony, and then study like my life depends on it so I pass the NCLEX in early July the first time.

My heart is so full thinking back on these last few years of nursing-saturation and I am EXCITED for future jobs and being able to say Carly Decker, RN, BSN :)

 Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise—the fruit of lips that openly profess his name.

Hebrews 13:15

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...