Saturday, May 23, 2015

Pregnancy Weeks 25 & 26



Weeks 25 & 26 Pregnancy Questionnaire

Baby Size: Eggplant

My weight gain so far:  
When I recorded my last pregnancy post, my weigh in was 18  lbs and this week I consistently see the scale reading 18.5 lbs.  So a little less than normal but still feeling good and feeling like my tummy is growing bigger every single day!

Food loves: 
I'm sad that my only real true pregnancy craving has been for gummy worms but plenty of things do still sound good.  Grilled cheese and homemade tomato soup, a big bowl of fresh berries, golden cherry tomatoes, oranges, quinoa on salad, pasta tossed with olive oil, and sandwiches.  I've been air popping popcorn if I want something crunchy and have plans to whip up some peanut butter cookies tonight. 

Food hates: 
We will just say eggs and greasy things.  Both are just usually a no.

3 Pros of Week 23 & 24
1.  Getting closer to my baby shower!  My mom, MIL, sister, and SIL's are throwing us a shower in June and I can't wait!  It will be so much fun to have my favorite ladies together to celebrate.
2.  Knowing my little one's schedule.  I can always tell you when this peanut will be awake, kicking, and busy during the day.  It's so funny that he or she already operates in a certain way (I know a lot of it because of my movement and schedule) but I still love the predictability of it.
3.  Just being preggo.  It's like your a celebrity when you are pregnant ha!  Everyone in our life is so kind and thoughtful about this pregnancy and it's just a special place to be in

3 Cons of Week 23 & 24
1.  Not being able to tie my shoes without pain anymore.  I have to hike my whole leg up on our banister and then just lean forward a little to get these shoes tied.  It hurts my tummy to bend down to the floor so I do slip ons on just a little aerobic action to get them tied!
2.  Peeing again at night.  This got better for awhile but I'm up 4-5 times a night which I guess means I'm hydrated but it does make for a more tired day.
3.  Pelvic girdle pain-yikes!  Can't sit too long on hard chairs or with my legs crossed or that ligament right in the center of my pelvis flares so bad!

Working Out:
Two wonderful walks a day-that's my go-to exercise!  It's been SO rainy here and it's difficult somedays to get the motivation to get out in the cold, but I am proud to say not a day has gone by that myself and the doodles don't get our walks in.

Each walk is 25-45 minutes and about 1.5-2 miles in length, depending on on how fast we go.  These walks are so refreshing and will be worth it to be in shape in labor. 

Best Moment of the Week:
This week has been pretty low key but I'm really enjoying all the movement of this baby and just enjoying being pregnancy.  It's so fun to know I'm carrying around our precious little one snug and warm in my belly, knowing he or she is safe and well cared for.  That's always a highlight of the week.

Ryan:
Ryan was in the Dominican Republic all week but he texted and called as much as he could to check on me and baby.  He always wished us good morning and good night and made sure we knew he was praying for us.  Even from a distance he loved us well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...