Saturday, May 30, 2015

Keeping Cool, Glucose Tests & Baby

Just a few updates!

If you're following along with Ryan's ostomy reversal journey you know that we have a surgery coming up this week and we are thrilled/nervous/grateful/hopeful for it!

I'll post more as things progress and about how he is doing.

For now just some pictures from our week:

It's been getting warmer which is such a blessing!  I try to walk to the doodles before 7:00 a.m. and after 7:00 p.m. everyday while it's still cool and all 4 of us (baby D included) aren't overheating.  I planted our garden finally last week but the seeds were old so it will be a miracle if anything pops up.

Kale, spinach, zucchini, squash, chives, onion, heirloom carrots, parsley, basil, and oregano all went into the ground.  Yum :)

To cool off I've been keeping big pitcher of unsweetened iced tea in the fridge.  This is black and hibiscus-super yummy combo!  I also bagged up individual trail mix snack bags and stick them in the fridge for a cold treat.

This mix had almonds, pecans, walnuts, dark chocolate covered berries, dried apples, raisins, and craisins.  Delish and so quick for a healthy snack!


I've been doing a lot of Starbucks-ing lately to study for my last big exam of nursing school (6/15) and my NCLEX in July.  I try to average 3-4 hours a day.  I head over to the Starbucks that's 5 mins away, set up with some decaf coffee and get to it.


We are getting baby gifts in the mail!  Our sweet friends Laura & Alicia and their son Weston sent us this pack and play.  Um, WOW!

It is SO nice-I can't wait to stick our fat little baby Decker in their for a nap.  It has a napper, changer, and cute little dangling toy arch to distract a fussy baby.  Baby time is fun :)  It is a little crazy to see baby products in our house after 5 years of marriage...


Don't let this picture deceive you.  I was hideously sick the rest of the day.

I had to go in for the the glucose tolerance test for my 27 week prenatal appointment yesterday.  I have been dreading it.  I cannot fathom how this test is real life predictor of glucose tolerance...who doesn't eat for 2 hours and then drinks the sugar content equivalent of a 20 oz flat orange soda in 4 minutes?!

No.  Just no.

There has to be a better way midwives and baby doctors of America!  My head hurt, I was shaky, I slept for over 2 hours when I got home, and never recovered all night.  I hate to be a baby, but it really sucked.


Poppy slept like this the other day and it's about how I felt after this test...


 Well we have some delicious dinner plans with my parents tonight at Hacienda, one of our favorite restaurants!  Then a weekend of cleaning, prepping for our hospital stay, and seeing a few friends before we hibernate for a few weeks.

When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.

    In God, whose word I praise


Psalm 56:3

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...