Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Baby Decker at 21.5 Weeks

Yesterday afternoon we had a midwife appointment and got to see our little one swimming and kicking around in my uterus!

Ryan, my mom, and I all filled the ultrasound room with anticipation and excitement!

This appointment was the longest and last ultrasound where they do an anatomy scan.  It's a check from head to toe, to make sure all body parts are growing and intact.  The ultrasound tech had lots of encouraging comments to say and all in the best Russian accent!  We love her.


So far we know that our peanut has a huge head (have mercy!), long legs, is very bendy, had the hiccups, and had it's big toe in it's mouth.  So darn cute!  

I'm excited for the huge head on the one hand because it probably means a little genius brain is growing in there...on the other hand I am anticipating it will make labor *ahem* more uncomfortable.

 Pray for me.

We have tried to be as minimally invasive as possible with this pregnancy.  No amniocentesis, no blood draws to check for genetic issues, no gender reveal.  Just two peeks with an ultrasound and monitoring my health through weight gain and overall health.

Little Baby Decker's thighs are 3.5 cm long, he or she weighs 1 lb, and his or her heart rate is 150 (which is perfect).  It was so fun to see the little details of their body and how carefully and intentionally they have been knit together.  

God is so good!

And also this is just a little sneak peak at Baby D's nursery.  Ryan built the frame with pine last week and it was his gift to the little one :)  Once I get some curtains up and a few more things put away we will do a nursery post.


Ok, that's it!  We are over the moon that Baby D is so big and strong and active!  What a sweet and encouraging way to start off our week.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.

Psalm 139:13

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...