Monday, February 23, 2015

On Being Brave

When I sat down for coffee a week or so ago with a close, very sweet friend I knew I would be learning something new.  I always do with this lady!  

We started talking about my pregnancy, and of course while I knew this already, we wound our way into how they are also hoping and trying for a little one too.  And so far it's proven to not be their time just yet.

I told her how grateful I was for her sharing.  Because she didn't just say that they were trying...

...but that she WANTED this.  A lot.  A whole lot.

I was so moved by her bravery to own that.  It takes so much more courage to say I want this, I'm hoping for this, my heart's set on this, I'm invested in this...

Isn't that much more the risky, vulnerable stance than to try and nonchalantly pretend it has no real hold on our heart?

It goes for every area of life really.  Not just pregnancy.  I told this sweet friend how grateful I was for her transparency and willingness to let me into her heart.  Because perhaps if the thing we want doesn't come to fruition, having taken the risk of being brave means we get to have a shield around us of people cheering us on to more courage and to hold us up when the disappointment is crippling.

Be brave today.  In some small way.

I've been blessed with a solid example already

.
Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the LORD!

Psalm 31:24

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...