Sunday, December 14, 2014

Fly By!

I don't think we have ever had a December quite this hustly and bustly.  It's busy, that is for sure.

It makes me a little sad to feel like Christmas is flying by me, but we have had fun too!  On Saturday we headed to the Christmas parade in Golden for an hour to see carolers, Santa, and enjoy this cute tradition.  

We picked up hot Starbucks on the way and enjoyed a fun morning downtown.



 My Mom and I also baked a few festive treats that turned out delicious!  Snowballs and Peanut Butter Balls. 

 I wrapped up a few treats for each neighbor and Ryan passed them out with Christmas cards to the people.  It's fun to gift even something small to the people we have gotten to know in our neighborhood over the year.


I am wrapping up Quarter 5 of 7 (crazy!!!) on Friday and it feels SO good!  Peds and OB are both fascinating, but they are their own crazy worlds of language, knowledge, and specialty. 

 Let's just say the challenge has been real! 

Between school, clinicals, commuting, lab, work, and regular life I am worn out!  But so thrilled and blessed to be gaining knowledge about something I love so much.

Before I forget I have to do a quick iPhone dump so I finally publish these photos...

The struggle also may have been more...intense...this quarter because of this place (below)!!  This is our rock climbing gym that we joined in November.  Since we cancelled internet at our house we invested into a family gym membership instead.  

We.  Are.  Addicted.  No joke!  They have yoga classes, a regular gym, thousand of routes to climb, and a whole gym to boulder.  It is so much fun.  We have met other couples and friends there so it's fun to get into conversations while we climb and intentionally pursue new relationships in this place. 


We had our favorite Bishop family over for dinner a few weeks ago.  I've known this amazing family since sophomore year of high school and it's so fun to have Ryan know and love them now too!  We feasted on stuffed acorn squash, macaroni and cheese, and played Crokinole until everyone's fingers were shot :)
 

Last but not least, we took Justin and Linny bowling for his birthday over Thanksgiving break.  We found a killer Groupon and got 2 hours of bowling and a pitcher of Dr. Pepper (Justin's fav!) and enjoyed the evening together.


Phew!  That's the fastest post I've ever written because I am about to get started in my all day OB lab.  Merry early Christmas--have a fabulous Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...