Sunday, October 26, 2014

Lately

A little fall family picture

October has been full!  Here's what we've been up to lately:

-Ryan just went to a local Great Comebacks event for the new 2014 west region winner!  I was of course at home sick (see below) but he was reunited with his favorite person Rolf Benerischke and met the new winner, Perry.  They all went to dinner after the ceremony and it sounded like a very meaningful event.

-I (Carly) have been mega sick for about two weeks straight.  No, Anna Decker, I am NOT preggo :)  I had a cold for awhile, then got hit with the flu earlier this week which has really been terrible.  Something about clinicals with sick kids and working with sick kids means my immune system gets knocked out!! 

Graduation in 7 months.  Enough said.

-I am in week 4 of 11 in quarter 5 at school. We're studying pediatrics and OB (not a personal favorite of mine) and I'm filling my brain to the brim with new info.

-Matt and Katie had their last of three receptions in Colorado last weekend.  We have been so blessed to celebrate them all over the country and this time it was just a short 10 minute drive away!

Friday night we went to a KAUST reunion with six other couples.  They were all in town for the reception and it was a major blessing to see some faces we hadn't seen for about 4 years and relive KAUST memories!  We grilled out, caught up, and were in awe of where God has continued to move and work in all of our lives across the globe.

Matt & Katie vs. Ryan and Chris (Matt's brother) in some crazy lawn game

 Saturday for the actual reception the Bolts set up a Pinterest-worthy chili bar and served homemade apple cake and chocolate pie.  I love southern people!  Sunday we went with another couple from KAUST, Kyle and Bridgette plus some of Matt's family and went rock climbing that afternoon.  It was the most relaxing, filling weekend that was MUCH NEEDED!

This is Aiden, Matt's nephew who is a STUD of a rock climber.  He loved it.

-Last but not least here is Grumples in a bow tie.  Stud.

We had professional family photos done this morning in Golden.  It was perfect!  Lots of leaves, Clear Creek, and two doodles who were very well behaved and patient.

You are so handsome my little Grumps

So that's a little snapshot of our lives lately-some little details I want to reflect on later and not forget what made our weeks tick when I look back in the future.

This should be a glorious week as we celebrate my father-in-law's birthday, I have two days off from school, and we are hosting a Halloween/Birthday party at our house on Friday!!  Have a happy week :)

joyful heart is good medicine...

Proverbs 17:22

3 comments:

  1. Hey! I thought I would say him since it's been a long time since I last checked in. Sounds like life is moving along :). Sorry you were so sick. We've been dealing with sickness here too, and it's not fun! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stacey! Fun to hear from you :) I hope everyone recovers quickly at your house. Hope you have a great and healthy rest of the week!

      Delete
  2. Gee, I should proofread :). I meant say "hi" :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...