Friday, September 5, 2014

Texas Adventures

Over Labor Day we were in the wonderful land of Texas helping Matt and Katie ring in their second wedding ceremony!  It was SO fun to be included and get to celebrate (aka vacation) with them and the Bolt family.

The stunning sunset view from the lake house

We all flew out Thursday evening after I finished two big tests earlier that day.  We picked up the rental car, grabbed naughty delicious fried chicken at a fast food place, and drove two hours to Lufkin where Matt's parents live.

The Bolts are some of the most generous, hilarious, and welcoming people we have ever known!  We stayed at their gorgeous home and so enjoyed our time with them.  

Friday and Saturday we helped set up for the reception.  It was hosted in a barn on their property so while Ryan and Matt hung lights and lanterns, Katie and I helped Mama Bolt unpack groceries, clean, and make things look good.

Unfortunately I was sick (and still am) alllll weekend.  Ryan brought home a little cold that lasted less than 3 days for him, but I caught it and I'm going nearly a week strong with this bad boy.  I felt pretty terrible most of our vacation but thankfully could sleep and relax a lot.  

Which also explains why I have zero pictures of the weekend...ugh!

Sunday morning we packed up and headed to the lake house 45 minutes away.  Ryan calls it our dream house because it was decorated beautifully and backed up right to the water!!  

Ryan would jet ski and tube for hours, run in and eat fajitas, go back out...repeat.  Ha!  

Our only goal that weekend was to eat, sleep, play on jet skis.  I slept literally all weekend to ward off my cold and missed out on most of the water fun, but my husband had the time of his life!!

A day shot of the lake view and Ryan refueling on wedding cake.  I laughed out loud when I took this picture because he was OF COURSE still wearing his life jacket

And just for fun here is a little video of Grumps and Poppy.  They have been going into work with Ryan.  I stopped by this afternoon to say hi :)

video

We've got a weekend of rock climbing, working on the rental, fall-preparation, and church ahead of us.  Pictures to come of our autumn-decorated house and other random updates.

If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God,who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you

James 1:5

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...