Saturday, September 27, 2014

Sept '14 Update

This is going to HAVE to be a bullet point post.  It's just been too long!

1.  I finished Quarter 4 of nursing school.  Only 5, 6, and 7 to go.  I graduate in June with my BSN and am really looking forward to that day.

This quarter was...hellish tough.  The combination of classes, workload, clinical demand, and new job was entirely overwhelming.

I just told Katie that I felt like it was a trauma situation more than school!  I hope to never have another season of life like that ever ever ever ever ever ever ever again.  Onward to Quarter 5 where things are looking up!

My friend Nylah on our last day of mental health clinicals...this is just about how we all felt

2.  My sweet mom had shoulder replacement surgery last week.  This is a really big deal because she is young and healthy and sometimes you just can't help when your body turns on you.  She has been VERY brave and persevering after such a painful surgery.  

Prayers for a speedy, physical comfort, and a full recovery are appreciated for Mama Nelson aka Cleo

We waited in the surgery waiting area for 2 hours; Ryan played on the iPad and organized mail while I studied.

Ryan and I went for a walk outside and saw these gorgeous trees.  Good Samaritan is a crazy nice hospital with excellent staff!  And a good breakfast burrito.

3.  Even though very busy, I have found out that I love working at Children's Hospital and working with kiddos.  

I always said I would never work peds thinking it would just be too sad.  But it's actually very encouraging, very purposeful and those kiddos are the bravest short humans you will ever meet #truth

Children's is so incredibly special and I feel very blessed to have a position there so early on in my nursing career


4.  IT'S FALL!!!

I'm trying to soak up fall in every way possible.  Making chili, making pumpkin nutella swirl pumpkin bread with Katie, walks with Mom, sweaters, pumpkin granola, pumpkin spice lattes, new Bible studies, quiet early morning wake-ups

Tis the season!  I can never get enough of this amazing gift from the Lord.

A gift opens the way and ushers the giver into the presence of the great.

Proverbs 18:16

Every color of the rainbow!

My mom and I walked the creek through Golden the other morning, but of course had to first stop and get a coffee

5.  Hoping the next few day of break can be slow and filling.  I have dreams of a drive up to the mountains for lunch to see all the leaves, church, friends over, date night with my husband, and SLEEP.

6.  Oh and we went on a big camping trip with all the Deckers last weekend.  It was a blast and I'll have pics up of that tomorrow.

He restores my soul.  He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Psalm 23:3

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...