Sunday, August 17, 2014

Peace, Peace

You will keep in perfect peace

    those whose minds are steadfast,
    because they trust in you.

Isaiah 26:3


My sweet husband sent me this verse in an early morning text message to be filled up on throughout a busy day.

The Hebrew text actually reads like this,
"Thou establishest a purpose firm; 
peace, peace, 
for in Thee is his trust"

I think that is just gorgeously written! Do you love how peace is written twice?  
Absolute. Perfection.

  I love this verse because, as a commentary pointed out to me, the word perfect is used in opposition to a false or imaginary peace (how often do we cling to those things in life??).  And ultimately a perfect peace from God is holistic and all encompassing; peace with God and people, peace inward and outward, peace here and in the future and most importantly peace to come in heaven.

It's honestly been some time since the Word has jumped out at me like this, and the result is thankfulness!

Now prepare yourself for a black goldendoodle picture overload!  This is more for my mom than anyone to get her grand-dog fix :)

We LOVE these sweet fur babies.  They teach us so much about patience, curiosity, and enjoying life.  I never really cared for dogs before we got our own and now they are my fur children with their own little personalities and quirks.  

Grumps is our adventurous, rough and tumble protector.  Poppy is our snuggly, loving, little comforter.

Doodles for President!

 
Sitting very obediently for a treat--the size difference is SO cute.  And here is Grumps looking the happiest and most gleeful he ever has!

We have couches with slip covers so when I take them off to wash, the babies think they found a new throne to watch over their household on

Are these not the sweetest, yummiest, most innocent faces you've ever seen?!?

Baby girl Poppy with Ryan.  She has gotten so big these last 2 months.  Alas, you cannot even see her eyes because black dogs photograph terribly

And here is our lovely garden.  There is so much yummy produce sprouting up even though I was a lazy gardener this year.  Rosemary, basil, pumpkins, pumpkins, and more pumpkins, and tomatoes slowly but surely.

We have berry bushes but being a fairly new gardener I didn't know how to care for them properly.  A 70-something-year-old friend just advised me to chop the berry bushes late in the fall, when the branches are "woody" to about 6 inches tall!!  

Ack!

It feels so weird to just hack down a plant that's nearly 5 feet to just a few inches.  But he said that if you don't get rid of the old, those branches takes all the energy and nutrients, prohibiting any new or healthy growth.  If I want fruit, I have to chop off the old stuff, even if I don't see the benefit until a few months later.

#spiritualrevelationsfromgardening #oldgardenersarewise

This picture is actually a week old and this pumpkin and the two little ones to the right are even bigger!  Pumpkin patch at our house in October-nearly 2 dozen to go around.

It's so fun to see the big orange flowers open up in the morning and evening, plus the vines wind around with their curls and leaves: raw beauty

I start my mental health clinical rotation on Monday.  To be honest, psych nursing is not my favorite.  Mental illness is something I'm working to understand more so I am asking the Lord for strength to love well and a soft spirit to be stretched in what my patient's suffer even though I don't understand it yet.

Ryan is busy with work, finishing up our camper, and taking care of his little family.  He feeds me well through the week making meals, cleaning up when I get home late, and bringing peace to our busy schedule.

What a stud muffin.

Our hearts are full today.  Happy Sunday!

Trust in the Lord forever,
    for the Lord, the Lord himself, is the Rock eternal

Isaiah: 26:4

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...