Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Life in June

First of all...(long post alert!)

Yesterday was Ryan Decker's 28th birthday!!  We celebrated with his favorites: the new X men movie, popcorn + reese's pieces, and Chipotle.  Not to mention he woke up to Chick Fil A and his work bought him an ice cream cake.  Spoiled!

It is so fun to celebrate Ryan strong and healthy and we have dubbed his 28th year, "the year of strength"...

The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights. 

Habakkuk 3:19

 So anyway, since my last post was a month ago it's pretty obvious blogging is not a top priority these days.  But I'd love to give a little update so here is what's up with us in June...

To start, we adopted a sweet baby girl goldendoodle last week!  Her name is Poppy and she is a rolly polly sweet ball of black fuzz.  She is super mellow beyond all belief but LOVES to egg on her brother when they wrestle and then come crying to Ryan or I to "rescue her".  

She is from Grumples exact same parents so they are truly siblings.  We just her love to pieces and she has added such a fun new dynamic to our home.  And can we just vote that 2 dogs are easier than 1!!  They entertain each other and are such fun.

Although having a 9 month old and a 7 week old is an insanely wild ride!

The only sad part about solid black dogs is how badly they photograph!

Ryan with the fur babies and myself with baby girl.  She is so yummy I could just eat her up!

Also we (along with the help of Matt and Katie of course) put in sod last week to FINALLY finish our backyard.  

If you remember, our backyard was so terrible when we moved in 2.5 years ago.  It was weeds, dirt, a 40 foot long shed, and just trash everywhere.

BEFORE:


That awful shed getting moved out of our yard-how sketch does this look??

And now here is the yard today!  Green, friendly, cute little chicken coop and a flourishing garden.  Yes!  We hosted a birthday party for Ryan Saturday night and were so blessed to have a yard for all of our friend's kids, and the pups to run around on.

AFTER:


We're gardening which I just did not think I would have the time for this summer.  But I did and I am so glad I went ahead and planted.  

We've got 9 (yes, nine) pumpkin plants, sweet potatoes, tomato, onion, blackberry, raspberry, lettuce, cilantro, rosemary, and mint.  

I forgot to do basil this year which really makes me sad because we eat homemade pesto in the summer like it's going out of style.  We froze pesto for the winter and that was a sheer stroke of genius!



School for me is wrapping up really nicely.  I was told over and over again that nursing school is the hardest thing I would ever do...and I just have to disagree a bit.

While it's a balancing act and the material is so deeply complex, I think it's manageable with the right priorities and goals.  It's important to me that I do well, but it's more important that Ryan sees me close up the textbooks when he walks in the door or leave weekends study free if possible.

Anyway, while my brain has stuffed in more information than I could ever imagine this quarter about cancer and cardiac and GI issues and patient care and medicines and IV's...it's such a content feeling of "this is difficult but doable".

I just love it!!!  Obviously :) 

 I also am leaving my home healthcare position as a CNA this week to pursue hospital jobs.  It's bittersweet because I've been there for 1.5 years but it's time to grow. I've interviewed at both Children's Hospital for the Med/Surg floor and Exempla for the ICU.  Both would be fantastic opportunities and stepping stones into future nursing jobs.  

Pray!

The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps

Provers 16:9

Finally here are some pictures of two of my favorite men...they have been really wooing me lately...

Baby nephew Sawyer and baby nephew Xander.  I can't even talk about their cuteness.

Our coming week includes lots of meetings and work for Ryan as well as starting his summer ultimate frisbee league.  He LOVES it and stays in great shape playing.  Plus the dogs and I love to pack a blanket and watch him dominate.

For me there is finals the next two weeks and a lingerie shower I get to host!  

We have a delicious Father's Day brunch this weekend (think overnight blueberry cream cheese french toast) and probably a lot of time at the park and walking the pooches.

We've been walking in such gratitude and health the last few weeks (minus Ryan's random Haitian parasite) and for that we are overwhelmingly grateful.  

Summer life 2014 is good!

For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven

Ecclesiastes 3:1

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...