Wednesday, June 25, 2014

In Between

In between travels, work, school, and raising new puppies we've been up to a lot of fun things somewhere in the middle!

Ryan has been playing in his ultimate frisbee league every Tuesday night and just LOVES it!  He says it is one of his favorite sports activities (probably 2nd to mountain biking).  The dude runs like 8 miles a game just back and forth up and down the field.

I love this sport because it's no contact but it requires a lot of running, timing, skilled throwing, and team work.  My wife nervousness would sneak up a bit about his exposed stoma if someone was tackling him every 5 minutes.


Grumps and Poppy and I pack dinner, chairs, tennis balls and lots of water to keep hydrated.  My mom met us at the fields last night and we all enjoyed watching Ry play.

I am SO proud of the way Ryan stays active and healthy.  It's so fulfilling and encouraging to see his ostomy not holding him back, but only enhancing his life.  We love to encourage all the people we meet and talk to through the ostomy/Crohn's world that you CAN still live an active life post-surgery.

I know I've said this before, but it will never grow old for us: take advantage of your health, people!  We have more energy and are more active now than I think we ever have been in our lives.

The blessing of health, activity, pouring out into ministries, people, and work is the light of our life.  We pray that if you are healthy you take full opportunity to avoid the couch and TV like the plague.  If you are not well in this season, (as many of our readers are not) we will be praying continued restoration and recovery.  

Do not be wise in your own eyes;
    fear the Lord and shun evil.

This will bring health to your body

    and nourishment to your bones.

Proverbs 3:7-8
Ryan is the one throwing the frisbee right there in the center

How gorgeous were these clouds??

 
My babies!  Grumps ever photogenic and sweet baby Poppy napping.  She got her 10 week shots yesterday and was a little wiped out last night.

A few weeks ago I hosted a lingerie party for my sweet friend Katie.  Ryan is bachelor partying it up with Matt, her fiance, this weekend!  We love the future Bolts!

It is SO much fun to host different events to celebrate life's big events and I loved the way this one turned out...

 
We had lemon bars, caramel turtle cookies, fresh fruit and sparkling clementine floats-yum!  In the water server I put fresh organic mint from our garden, sliced cucumbers and lemon with ice.  Fancy and easy!

I've seen the underwear garland on Pinterest before and really like how cute it looked.  That was such a simple decoration.  Guests filled out date ideas for the couple and self addressed envelopes for thank you's.  I forgot to take a picture but on the chalkboard fridge I had a "How Well Do you Know the Bride" game where we guessed answers to questions about Katie

The bride-to-be! 

I am off school until the second week of July which feels SO restful and nice.  This morning I woke up and hopped on my bike for a 4 mile ride.  Love having time for that!

It's so refreshing to garden, bike, do yoga, meet up for coffee dates, read, and rest after such a full quarter.  It ended very, very well but man do I appreciate a break.  My 4th quarter starts up soon where I'll be in Mental Health and Med/Surg II plus clinicals.  Both intense classes that I can't wait to get my hands on them!

Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might...

Ecclesiastes 9:10

We have some small projects here and there that we'll be finishing this week like landscaping final touches, painting the deck, painting our front/back doors and some purging to clear any clutter.

Summer is here and we are loving every second of it!

The view we enjoy on runs and walks each night.  Gorgeous!

For nothing will be impossible with God.

Luke 1:37

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...