Thursday, June 12, 2014

A Donut Pyramid

To finish out Ryan's birthday week we spent a wonderful evening with my parents.  We ate at Ryan's favorite, Hacienda, and feasted on fresh salsa, fish tacos and chicken chimichangas.

Then he opened presents and got wide-eyed over his birthday donut cake.

That's what he asked for!! Not birthday cake, not ice cream cake, not pie...a donut cake.  He's wild for donuts.

 


Below are my raspberry bushes!

It's such a fun thing to walk out to the garden every morning and see what happened overnight. 

 There are always taller plants, bigger leaves, or new buds.  Right now I have raspberries sprouting, a lone roma tomato ripening, and pumpkin leaves spreading.


And some [seeds] fell into good soil and grew and yielded a hundredfold.” As he said these things, he called out, “He who has ears to hear, let him hear."...Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.

Luke 8:8 & 11

Every time I'm out weeding or picking something from the garden I think of these two verses.  Whatever I plant in the soil out back WILL grow.  I choose what to put there, how much water to give it, how much time to spend on it, and how I will care for it.

Our hearts are such an amazing parallel to this.  I choose what is seeded in my heart.  If I plant the truth of the Word of God it will flourish...but so easily too could bitterness, lies, or something ugly take root and grow.

Man, oh man, do I want a heart that is fertile ground for what Jesus teaches and to diligently prune out the fruit of my flesh.  I want to see love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control growing instead.

So anyway, gardens for President!

Also, here are some pictures of my black fur babies. Swoon!


And here is my mom with her new baby granddog giving her all the snuggles she can handle!  My mom is SOOOO sweet to our pups-she already bought them chew toys, treats, and a little dog collar tag.

They have hard lives.


Have a great weekend and thanks for reading here!

For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery

Galatains 5:1

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Ryan!!! The donut cake looks delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a good birthday for him!!!! The donut cake was such a great choice :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...