Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Hello April!

I have to admit, having time off from school is amazing!  As much as I love my program (438 days to graduation), I needed 2 weeks off after such an intense quarter.

Basically after this week, things really pick up for us over the next 3 months.  Like I mentioned in my last post, we have so many travel plans, work plans, school schedule adjustments, and more.  Full and wonderful but we have to be mindful and prepared for busy!

For starters, Ryan and I are working the Missional Women Conference as Healing Waters is an official sponsor this year!  I went 2 years ago and it was the highlight of my April!  

Healing Waters actually has some incredible new curriculum that is implemented with every water project targeted at empowering, educating, and investing in young women.  HWI believes women are the heartbeats of their homes, families, and communities.  So what better way to raise awareness and jumpstart action for justice than representing women internationally at a women's conference?!  

How studly is my husband for doing this by the way??  It's takes a solid, legit man to represent and care about women around the world, that is for sure.

Missional Women Conference
P.S.  There is still time to sign up!  It's a 2 day conference in Lone Tree and literally is one of the best I've ever attended

Ryan heads to Utah shortly with my mom for a quick two day trip to receive his regional Great Comebacks award.  I am so bummed to miss out but school just won't let me get away.

 I am pretty jelly because he gets to hang with some my favorite people-Linny, Justin, and mom.

At least I have Grumps...

As May approaches I'll share more about that month's travel plants to New York, North Carolina, and Haiti (see??  insanely crazy few weeks ahead!)

Our time off together has been really life giving too.  Of course it's not all butterflies and sprinkles, because we have to navigate the realities of marriage/communication/conflict, but on the whole--a great week!

Most nights we "ride run" where Ryan runs to train for his half marathon in June and I bike alongside.  It's the best quality time after work and we both get a workout in-score!


Ryan runs some more...
Yes!!!  Don't you love how this guy values health and doesn't let his ostomy hold him back??

We got our garden beds ready for spring planting...

 
Left: pre-clean up from my fall laziness garden prep and Right: Lots of fresh alpaca manure added and waiting to be stirred in the garden.

My hardcore husband is going to build us even more garden beds to go in the yard that will be perfect for large viney plants like pumpkins, winter squash, watermelon, and more!  I love those types of plants because they are easy to maintain and you get major return on your investment.

I cannot describe what a blessing it is to see our backyard becoming more a space of life and enjoyment--it was just a junky space for so long!

 Also, Mr. Grumples has been working on his majestic, nonchalant poses...

And other than that it's just been a wonderful week of family time, friend dinner, coffee dates, yoga, coffee drinking, and quiet times.

Breaks are the best!

...But one thing I do:forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. 15 Let those of us who are mature think this way, and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal that also to you.

Philippians 3:13-15 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...