Friday, March 14, 2014

Oh, Hello March!

I can't believe it's almost been 3 weeks since I last blogged!  Oops.  Life got a hold of us and we've been going 100 mph ever since.

We've been up to A LOT!  Specifically school, work, community, marriage, and being outside in the beautiful March weather.

I really like posting lots of pictures because it reminds us of where we have been and it's so much more fun to couple that with words.  This is just a snippet into our weekly rhythms and what we're learning.


 One of my biggest time consumers has been school. Pictured left, was my study material this week (yikes!) and this is myself and a favorite new friend, Nylah from school.  The end of the quarter kicks in and EVERYTHING is due.  I try to stay on top of due dates as much as possible but there are some things you just can't get all done.  In one week I had 2 quizzes, 3 tests, a 20 page research project due, 16 hours of lab, and a presentation.  

I literally loved it all!!  Low energy days are far and few between when I'm doing what I love so much.  One thing I am really proud of is that I have learned to give any type of injection which I'll start in just a few weeks at clinicals.  Is that nuts or what??


We like to eat.  Healthy and make it filling please!  Last Sunday Ryan and I made almost 50 breakfast burritos.  We filled them with sauteed peppers/onions, homemade hashbrowns, a little sage sausage, eggs, cheese, and then freeze them for early morning fast breakfasts.  Genius!  

Not to mention 2 hours in the kitchen always sparks so much fun and conversation for us.  We're not big TV goers anyway, but making sure it's off and we have space and time to connect with each other has been a real strength for us the last few months.



So this is fun!  I took Monday nights off my work schedule for a variety of reasons and it quickly became our weekly date night.  We've roadtripped up a local mountain and watched the sunset, had a Starbucks date, and this week we went to the Apex Rec Center.  We worked out for 40 mins and then we played in the indoor swim park.  Literally the funnest thing we've done in awhile!

As I look back on this post in a few months or at the end of the year in reflection, I want to remember that we're also in a season of learning and growing as leaders.  In school, work, and church.  

It's deeply humbling and sometimes painful but we want to stay open to what God has for us.  We are never past growing and seeing Jesus mold us!  We're rooting ourselves in this verse every single day...

...Christ Jesus has made me his own.
Philippians 3:12

Let's see what else!  Grumples weighs 50 lbs and has pink eye, poor baby.  We walk 1.5 miles almost every day and go to the dog park as much as possible.  He lights up our life and makes us more patient people (even though we're not very good at that)

I am anticipating a much needed spring break starting next Friday and we have some VERY exciting plans ahead of us.  There is also insanely awesome new things developing with the Great Comebacks award but that's another post for this weekend.

Peace out homies, and thank for reading about our lives!

2 comments:

  1. I thought I was keeping up but where is Harpo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Cindy! Harpo was adopted by my parents. He was a rescue with a lot of baggage and really is aggressive/fearful of kids, other dogs and men. We see about 30 people cycle through our house each week for various events so that stressed the poor guy out big time.

      He is living the high life over at my parents and gets spoiled far more than he ever did here!! :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...