Friday, February 21, 2014

Life Group and Getaways

Tuesday night is our Life Group night and last week we headed to Yardhouse for drinks and delicious food!  Once a month we do a "social night" to take a break from the regular curriculum.  It's super connecting and relationship building.

 I had gardein buffalo wings, a vegetarian dish, and they were SOOOOO good.  I fear I am addicted.

(Tyler, they are literally what you need to get your chicken wing fix.)

Enjoying our laid back night together with great friends and convo

In other news...

I have been itching to get out of the dang country for so long.  The last time I went anywhere it was India December 2011.  Say wha???  Right after we returned from Kolkatta, Ryan got sick so our move to Dominican Republic was cancelled and then I started Nursing School.

It was a whirlwind of 2 years.

To make up for my absolute stir craziness, Ryan Decker booked us a few nights at the Redstone Inn in Glenwood.  I absolutely love escaping to the mountains and this place looks gorgeous.

It's a historic inn surrounded by red cliffs.  I keep reading that it looks like it was airlifted in from the Swiss Alps!  Yes please!  So we have a few nights to get to the hot springs, snow shoe, tube, and connect.  I cannot wait!

Where we'll be staying!  It really looks like it's right out of Switzerland.

Speaking of traveling...

I am involved with a student group at school called Global Health Perspective.  It's a neat organization that exists to open up our eyes to the international medical needs and get us involved in communities here at home.  After my 4th quarter (September!) I can apply for an international internship that lasts from 1-2 weeks.  The opportunities include Uganda, Kenya, St. Croix, Haiti, and others.

Students have assisted in heart surgeries, held educational seminars, assisted and organized health clinics, administered life-saving vaccines, cared for babies, and more.  I'm applying as soon as possible but the application process is stringent and intense.  I'm praying now!

But enough travel talk.

Throw back!  Ryan and I in Israel at the Garden of Gethsemane in December 2010

This weekend is full and wonderful:  Tonight we have dinner plans with friends, Saturday is a hang out with the Decker family, and then Sunday I have a lab all day due to a day off from the President's Day holiday.

Whew!  All blessings that we can't wait for.  Have a spectacular weekend yourselves!
    Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 
Matthew 28:19

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...