Tuesday, February 25, 2014

iPhone Dump?

 We crossed right on over to the dark side people.

The Deckers are owners of iPhones.  What has happened to us and our dumb phone loving ways?!?!

To be honest, our "smart phones" are really still dumb phones because we didn't go with the ridiculous data plans.  I really like this because it means we can't be plugged in all the time-wahoo!!  We'll just connect when needed to our home, work, school, coffee shop, etc wifi.

The switch happened because we joined Ryan's parent's family plan so we bought one used iPhone for me off Craigslist and Ryan got one for free from his mom.  Plus Apple has been growing to become more socially responsible which makes my heart aflutter.

Anywho, I love my new phone because I have a legit camera with me all the time.  I can capture our life moments which blesses me so much.  It allows me to document our story here and be blessed by the pictures for our home and memories.

So here is a peek into our weekend and last few days:

Grumps looks majestically handsome.  And husband and I in our down Patagonia jackets.  We always have these babies on in the winter.

This, my friends, is sterile gloving.  Needed for catheter insertions and wound care.  All skills which I recently demonstrated to some very strict professors in my lab.  It went well! 

 Sweet baby Xander and his love for Uncle Ryan's thumb.  We spent Saturday evening with the Decker clan eating lasagna and apple dumplings just because.

Sweet Moses, help me I love this child!  Rilyn is one of my favorite short people.  Plus she wraps herself like a burrito in shower curtains during hide and go seek which makes me laugh out loud.

Any good Saturday starts out with a homemade latte.  Machine courtesy of my MIL's Craigslist-ing abilities

This is the most random sentence I ever wrote, but I just laughed out loud at home by myself:  Grumps literally just let loose the most hilarious little puppy fart in the world.

Hahaha!

This week everyone at our house is on the go.  I have three big midterm tests for three classes that account for 20% of my grade each.  Eeeek!  Trying to stay balanced and calm.  As for Ryan Decker, he is working hard communicating with a new Ugandan HWI partner, Innocent (best name ever), to make a water project happen way on the other side of the world.

I always think my husband and his job are the coolest.

Stay warm today in the snow and fins some refreshment in this truth...

As for me, I would seek God,
    and to God would I commit my cause,
 who does great things and unsearchable,
    marvelous things without number


Job 5:8-9

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...