Sunday, January 12, 2014

What's Happening, January??

School restarted for me on Tuesday and seriously not one single second of life was wasted last week!  

My head was spinning by Friday as I re-worked into a very early morning routine and  remembered how to read hundreds of pages a week and have a million things to balance over just an 11 week span.  Papers, classes, tests, quizzes, presentations, check-offs, lab, essays, and more...

Three of my four school mornings I am up at 5 a.m. to fit in time with the Lord, get ready, commute and show up on time.  One thing that has stood out this week is that if I value it, I'll make time for it.  I have witnessed incredible examples of strong godly women who are busy as all else and don't let their time in the Word suffer.  Inspiring!

A typical morning-coffee, journal, and coffee.  Katie, I miss you--this is YOUR usual mug!

I'm not always perfect at it but time with Jesus, time with Ryan, healthy eating, and being active top the list and then the rest of the "have-to's" just squeeze in somewhere else.

I get to learn some insanely cool things in the coming weeks at school: injections, how to insert an NG tube (up a patient's nose and into their belly), ostomy care (should get an A+ in that!), wound care, and tracheostomy care. Weeeooooo!! 

Our friend Lauren took this adorable picture of Grumps when he went in for a day at work

Besides school, our life group restarted and we love leading that time!  Intentional time with other believers to do life and be held accountable in our walks is a gift.  And it seems that from our goals as a group, we will be much more outward this semester. 

 This verse and this verse don't leave much room for choosing another route.

 One particular event Ryan and I can't wait to be a part of is volunteering as a group with The Global Down Syndrome Foundation.  Our church partners strongly with them and Ryan and I have had a seed planted in us that's blossoming with love for children with DS for awhile now.  Adoption in the future, most likely?

In April we get to spend time at the "I Love You" dance with young adults who have Down Syndrome dancing, checking coats, serving drinks, and helping the night function.  SOOOO excited to step into this community and extend Jesus out.

Sorry about the bluriness, but the mantel did get a post-Christmas makeover!

As for Ryan John, he loves staying healthy so he joined a winter ultimate frisbee league!  He played four games last week with his last one not even starting until 10:30 p.m. !!!!  We are such old farts, that is like 3:00 a.m. to us.  He loves the running and workout and loving on all the people on his team.

Ryan being the breakfast guy.  He literally said the other day that he hopes our future kids think I don't even know how to make breakfast because he'll make it so often.  Ha!

I love to post pictures of what he makes me because he always makes it pretty and healthy!  Go husband!  Clementines, mango, pistachios, and eggs for breakfast Sunday morning.  Yum.

He also has a very exciting week of work ahead of him that we'll share about later!  Dude, is busy and thriving at Healing Waters.  And he made my transition to school so dang easy.  Cooking, cleaning, leading our LG, and being a stud.

Hmmm....that's probably all we have to share for now.  We'll check back in later!

Oh, just my sweet puppy turning into a T-rex and biting my face mid-picture...

Let us know; let us press on to know the Lord; his going out is sure as the dawn; he will come to us as the showers, as the spring rains that water the earth.”

Hosea 6:3

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are having a successful transition into a new semester. I love what you said about "If I value it, I'll make time for it". Very true! Thanks for sharing. P.S. Tell Ry that his hair cut looks great!! Did you give it to him?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True indeed, sister! I did give him that fancy haircut. Not my worst work :) He always looks good!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...