Wednesday, October 9, 2013

October Occasions

I had been told I would see my classmates more than my husband in this program. And this week...tis true.  Although I have some cool classmates my husband is the coolest in all the land!!!

Collectively I've logged about 10 hours this week with my study group alone (not even counting classes and other studying!) and didn't get home until 7:00 pm at the earliest each night.  Thus is the life of a Nursing Student.

But can I just brag on Ryan Decker for a minute?  He had dinner made for me, blessed me by cleaning up the house, and has been SO understanding of these hours.  He is such a gift to me, especially in this season.

OK life update number style!

1.  We started our Life Group!  It's our churches way of connecting smaller pods of people in a sea of thousands and we are head over heels for this group.  Our group is uniquely large with 26 peeps but it's so tremendous  We shared our stories in smaller groups and went through some curriculum together.  It can be scary to put yourself out there in front of so many, but God asks us to be in community so we're following in faith.

I don't have a picture but picture 26 people crammed into our little house and you can imagine it gets cozy!


2.  Race for the Cure was 2 weekends ago!  We may or may not have gotten so much free stuff at the end of the walk, that I was embarrassed in my heart.  Like 25 string cheeses, 50 mini bags of sun chips, and 9 toothbrushes.  Among many other things...


3.  Harpo is the happiest dog in the world.  When he's not biting people and being an idiot.  Look at his hilarious "smile" here!  So cute.


4.  Every Friday night is homemade pizza night at the Decker casa.  We recommend it.


5.  Chickens!  One is officially barren.  She is like 40 some weeks old and not laying.  Uh, they should lay around 20 weeks.  But we still love her and I won't let anyone make her into chicken soup.


6.  Last thing about school; it really is going SO well!  Between the light rail being such a productive commute, the gift of my study group, and my love for what I'm studying it is just the most wonderful season.  My brain hurts from learning crazy new things but I can see so much purpose revealed from our last year of suffering and that fills up my heart.  Nursing for life!

Final thought for this post:  We've been wading through these verses very recently.  The Bible's words always rock our world and challenge our faith by the minute.  It's good but what Jesus asks of us is hard.  So this is what's on our brain this week...

Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.
Luke 6:37

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
Ephesians 4:32

Heavy right?  We're trying to soak it up.  Have a great week everyone--we think you are cool for reading this blog!

Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
Hebrews 4:16

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...