Tuesday, October 1, 2013

A Fast Reflection


Surreal!!!


My first day of classes was stupendous and super smooth!  I showed up 2 hours pretty early to pick up some last minute books at the bookstore/a nursing kit and print off lectures for the day.

  A stethoscope, blood pressure cuff, pen light, and some other goodies are now in my possession.  Which means Ryan gets his BP taken pretty often and he is healthy.  Phew!

 Oh hey!  Just showing you my badge.  Legit!

I rode the lightrail down to school and it was so fun.  To not be stuck in traffic and fight for parking in the city is a major blessing.  The lightrail gives me a full 40 minutes to study, read, or decompress.  Love!

 So yesterday's ride included scanning the first three chapters we were covering in lecture and talking to some cool people.  The cultural experience of the lightrail is something in and of itself.  The two mega stoned guys sitting behind me talking about how dangerous it would be to sell meth was a start.  I think the Series Finale of Breaking Bad was getting to them...

Anyway, class was really intriguing and seems challenging but manageable.  In class we did introductions and covered some review material from A & P.  We are divided into cohorts and I'm in cohort A.  Basically we move through classes, labs, and clinicals together for the next 21 months.

My new Danskos courtesy of a generous mama!  These are so dang comfy

There are such neat people in this group with unique stories for beginning their nursing journey and I am charged up to get to know them better!

This morning I have Bible Study downtown with a dear friend and then Assessment Lab this afternoon.

I'll be back with a more detailed update soon but for now just know it's going SO well and this journey is beyond a good gift from the Lord.

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
James 1:17

4 comments:

  1. Yay! So happy everything went smoothly your first day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It dd Beth! So wonderful. Thanks for your text yesterday. It really encouraged me :)

      Delete
  2. Very cool Carly! I always said I'd love to be a nurse - although I can't do needles and blood, so that probably rules this career change out of my life. :) Sometimes a long commute (where you're not driving) can be very productive!

    Blessings,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a lot of nurses with blood/needle aversions that end up "just getting used to it". I mean, it is pretty unnatural to shove a sharp object into another human's body. Ha! Thanks for your support friend :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...