Friday, September 27, 2013

When Life Hits You!

Man, this last week has been non-stop for us!  I almost forgot how to blog.  

Almost.

I just despise the phrase, "We are SO busy!" because it just seems unintenional and frantic to me (and lots of people I know are "booked up" watching TV, so don't even get me started on that rant).  We want to be both intentional and unrushed in our life and habits and that's a true challenge when your schedule is swirling with wonderful, new things!


School starts in literally 72 hours which I am just over the moon about!  My schedule was edited at the last minute so I needed to adjust my expectations and be OK with a 7 am class ;)  

Looks like I'll be greeting the morning in the "5's" on Fridays to make it to school on time.  It's a growing experience that the Lord surely knew I needed for some reason.  I am super ready for this new chapter to start!  I'm trusting Jesus for a brain that can handle the academic load, a heart invested in the care I'll give, and an unending enthusiasm for this field.

One thing that I hear over and over is how nursing students have no life.  That's always struck me as odd and unbalanced.  So in a counter-cultural attempt, we are leading a Life Group at our church and I have Bible Study every Tuesday!

Go big or go home!


My line of thinking is, if I purposefully train now to balance my walk with God, marriage, community and physical/emotional/mental health then it will just become my norm.  Sure, I will strive for good grades but being a tunnel-visioned, stress basket for the next 1.5 years?  No thanks.

Life Group is something we are so thrilled about.  In a church of thousands, you have to be intentional to plug in.  So every Thursday night we have a big group of couples in the 20-30's range coming to our house for various curriculum discussion, community, eating, and fun.  Plus we serve together once a month and I'm looking forward to pouring out into our city in some way.


Whew!  What a whirlwind right?  Our hearts are so full!  Also a Ryan update:  dude is is healthy and thriving with his ostomy.  We still have ups and downs but he mountain bikes every Thursday and plays in his Ultimate Frisbee league every Wednesday.  Nothing can hold his studly body back!  He's also looking at a potential international trip again soon with work which stretches his faith every time.  Overall, he's in an entirely different and better place than last year.

So even though our schedules are brimming, life feels abundant and sacred right now.  We are totally blessed by this season of life and pouring out.  Fall is my favorite time of year, and all these good things starting up are exactly why!


...I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

John 10:10

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...