Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Orientation Day!

Oh man it was a full, lively, truly fantastic morning!  I had Orientation Day at Denver School of Nursing.  It was a smooth process and a fun day full of tons of information.  I like!

We went over every single detail that you can imagine like learning the school resources, campus, scheduling, conduct, and future opportunities.  I heard from staff, the Student Nursing Association, and met several friendly future classmates.

Royal blue scrubs yo!  How official do I look?  I wear these for all my labs and clinicals

One thing I will never understand is why everyone sits in awkward silence during new events like these days.  EVERYONE is as nervous/unsure/expectant as you so just say hi! That would make everyone's lives so much easier :)  Ha!  So I did my share of hello-saying and was really blessed to put some names to faces for the first day.

After that I got the sweetest (read: geekiest) rolling backpack of life, school t-shirt, and some other goodies.  Ok the rolling backpack is going to make sense when you see this picture...


Those are just two of my many HUGE books!  Everyday I commute almost 1 hour via a car or bike, light-rail,  walking, 16th street mall ride, and then some more walking.  My poor back could never handle 60 lbs of books over that trek!  I'm grateful for the nerdy backpack addition to my daily look.

Overall a really good morning you guys.  Feeling a little intimidated at the amount of work I'm facing but beyond thrilled.  Just one look into my Pathophysiology book and I slammed it shut from terror!  I don't know half of the crazy words and have one more week until I have to :)

...he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake.

Psalm 23:3

13 comments:

  1. Woohoo!! So exciting, you're gonna do awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sara! Thanks lady I can't wit. P.s. your last postwas so powerful and really empowered me to enter into someone grief with them. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. I am so proud of you and can't wait to hear all about your nursing adventures. Lookin good in your scrubs. Too sad that you don't have a pair of Dansko shoes to wear with your scrubs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mom! You helped get me here! Lets talk about those danskos. I do need shoes for lab :)

      Delete
  3. Carly Decker you are going to be the raddest ever with your rolling back pack and royal blue scrubs! Please post lots and lots of first day pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Done Angi! Thanks for your excitement! The rolling backpack is s awkward which I know you would appreciate ha

      Delete
  4. You look cute enough to be on Grey's Anatomy. Too bad you're too classy for that, though. ;)

    p.s. Congrats on the publication!!! How exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha classier than greys anatomy! Score! Thanks for your constant support beth

      Delete
  5. Omg!! So excited for you!! I have always dreamed of being a nurse... But some how ended up 'nursing souls' as a PW! Lol

    My heart kept for joy during the post. Made my Friday night.... Lol I need a life!! Hahaha
    So happy and proud of you girly!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha gee you are called to be a Pw, no doubt! Thanks for you run ending kind, uplifting words. You boost me up!

      Delete
  6. I stumbled across your blog a few months ago, and it has blessed my socks off! From one RN to a future RN- it looks like you'll do great in nursing school and in your future career! Take time to enjoy life when things are crazy in school- I stressed way too much! And I do agree.. The textbooks are ridiculously heavy!! Blessings! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I'm super glad you found the blog. What kind of nursing do you do? I am really excited and of course a little nervous. Can't wait to get started on Monday!!

      Delete
    2. I work as a cath lab recovery nurse- my favorite area that I've worked in! I love cardiac nursing. I hope you enjoy your time in nursing school- it flies by! Coffee became my best friend with the countless hours of studying :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...