Thursday, September 5, 2013

Life Finally Found Us

We recently returned a borrowed rototiller to Ryan's uncle who lives nearby and we got to talking with him about what we've been up to lately.  After filling him in on all the goodies he put it perfectly for us..."Life finally found you."

I was thinking YES!  It did!  It was an aha moment.  This time last year Ryan was recovering from his first 4 surgeries (with 3 more, unbeknownst to us, to come in Oct '12) but was still in weekly physical therapy for atrophy and was down 30 lbs from where he is today.  Weight loss isn't always good :/

Overall, yes, life has found us.  Finally.  I start Bible Study next week, Ryan's Ultimate League is in full swing, we're training to become Life Group Leaders at our church and we are living it up!  We have lots of down time too with the firepit out back, walks with Harpo, and dinner with our favorite people.  This verse just expresses our season of life:

Therefore my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices; my flesh also swells secure

Psalm 16:9
On a quick break during his Ultimate Frisbee game

 On a side note I need to just plug biking really quick.  

We intentionally moved to a home close to Ryan's work (1.3 miles away), close to a grocery store and shopping area, etc.  We bike all over the dang place lately!  It is one of the best health decisions you can make I think!  Just Tuesday, we covered 8 miles getting to and from our friend's house for dinner.  Ryan bikes to work every day and we love biking to the local bookstore and grocery store.  I'm drinking the biking kool-aid and you should too!

In other news...

You guys do you even realize that it is only 25 days until Nursing School!?!  This is far too exciting for me.  I have my school supplies ready, I'm peeing my pants for orientation to start, and so geared up to ride the lightrail everyday!


This picture above is made possible because of Mama Nelson.  She spoils us rotten and she recently treated me to the pumpkin spice coffee creamer above and the beautiful bird napkins pictured below.  Don't worry, Ryan got a lunchable (ha!) and 6 pack of donuts as his treat :)

Lighter, still very autumn look in the kitchen.  Love those new napkin curtains!

Saturday I'm helping host a baby shower for my sister-in-law who is due in November.  We love being an aunt and uncle!  The shower theme is vintage airplanes and I think it will be ADORABLE.  Can't wait to bless her, love on her and our future nephew, and help create a beautiful space for it all!  Pictures to come.

Enjoy your week--I'll leave you with this nugget of goodness and truth...




You have made known to me the paths of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence.










Acts 2:28

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...