Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Our Mantel Redo

I totally forgot to share our mantel makeover!  Ryan and Matt got into work mode a few months ago and rocked out a new fireplace mantel for us.

To say I wasn't a fan of the orange-y, laminate shelf on our fireplace before would be a gross understatement.  It was fugly!  The length was too long and totally fake looking.  Yuck!

What I really wanted was a rugged, barn wood beam that was deeply stained and much more of a statement in the room.  And that is what my man gave me!

He did a phenomenal job and on a super tight budget too.  Nice work husband!

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:


2 comments:

  1. Sweet Carly! Aww I miss having a fire place, our home we have now doesn't have one! It looks gorgeous! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He did a great job! My favorite part of winter is having a big fire roaring in that fireplace. So cozy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...