Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Who We're Working For

This is a verse that has kept coming up in our conversations lately.  We love the simplistic command to work to please Jesus alone but the complex challenge to really live this out. 

 It's a wonderfully hard tension and one we really want to say is true of us at the end of our lives.

What do you think?  How does this really get lived out?

Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ.

Colossians 3:23-24


2 comments:

  1. This is a challenging one for sure! Before I worked for Master Plan I worked in this awful office job. I tape this verse to my computer to help me remember that even though the job itself was temporary, my heart-attitude and my actions could be eternal. It was a simple reminder to look to the King as I worked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is SO good Angi! I love that. Even in an awful job we can be loving people and making significant, meaningful relationships. I remember Laura writing about being in a job she didn't enjoy once--I think she was making tons of phone calls for someone? But she later learned that job helped her train for Master Plan with support raising! That's pretty dang cool.

      All perspective! I love your action and eternal mind set.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...