Monday, June 3, 2013

Something Important...

I am pretty sure I forgot to mention something cool and important...that I got a call back from Denver School of Nursing for an interview!

Wonky brain you are failing me lately!  

Side note: let me just tell you something really fast.  About my discombobulated brain right now:  in a matter of 4 days I lost a cell phone (my 2nd this year), lost one of my favorite socks (yes, I have favorites), shrunk a dress, stained a shirt, and spilled an entire gallon of milk on the kitchen floor.

Jealous?  My floors sparkled after all the clean up it took to get this in order

Moral of the story:  my mind is randomly doing it's own wayward thang.

Ok now you know why I'm just mentioning this all now but back to the interview...

This Thursday at 2 pm I head to the DSON campus for an interview.  I'll review my application with the admissions director, tour the facilities, and schedule my entrance exam.  I am PUMPED!

From talking to others who went to this school the interview is much more like navigating the potential pitfalls during your program and how to avoid them and much less a drill about all the reasons you want to be a nurse.  Plus you can ask questions, recap the application and hopefully get a better view of what student life will be like there.

Please pray for it!  Right now I'm not nervous, just very excited to make another step toward this new season.  If I do get in my program start date would be September 2013.  Weeehoooo!

I'll keep you posted.  For now I'll just bask in my phone-less, lactate-smelling house and try to compose my brain for the week ahead.

Ahhh...this is the mental picture I need: serene and calm

Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life...

Deuteronomy 30:19-20

4 comments:

  1. You'll knock their socks off at the interview! This is such an exciting time in your life - September is just around the corner.

    You sure do know how to make a mess. Too bad Harpo was not there to help clean up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks mom! I'll call you after to let you know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell my how all i got from this post was- Carly's first instinct was to take a photo of spilled milk on hard wood floors? Either her or I have problems, because i would be panicing with towels before a thought of picture came to mind! hahaha

    Congratz on the interview for nursing school, I hope it all goes well! xxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Vee that milk wasn't going anywhere, since ALL of it was already covering my floor. So I shrugged and though "better capture this, it's too ridiculous not to!"

    Thanks and I'll let you know how the interview goes!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...