Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Passed and Officially Accepted!

THANK YOU so much for praying everyone!  I was officially accepted to Nursing School after passing my entrance exam today!


I cannot even begin to tell you how much I was helped by them and felt every single prayer.  

I needed those prayers.  Seriously, Ryan can attest.  A terrible habit of mine is stressing out the night before anything important. It's so pointless but I always get riled up.  UGH.  It takes me forever to fall asleep, I dream about the upcoming event all night and wake up no fewer than 35 times.  I'm a hot mess!  

However once I got to campus this morning I was calm, collected, and feeling ready.  Like Philippians 4:7 says, I truly had a peace that surpassed all understanding!  Amen because I was a hot mess on my own.

On another note if this was my Academy Awards acceptance speech I would give a shout out to Ryan Decker.  My sweet, dedicated, and supportive husband helped me study until 10:00 pm last night (and the weeks before) and rooted me on all morning!  Thanks Love. 

How did I snag this ridiculously legit man?  The Lord, that's how.

So the test took about 3.5 hours, covering everything from basic math to more complex problems and even reading comprehension and grammar.  What the heck is a predicate adjective and participle anyway?

  The test is a good way for the school to determine that we aren't dummies and have the very basics covered.  This test coupled with all all the science pre-reqs, 10 panel drug screen, immunizations, a physical, and promise to pay then LOTS of money over the next 2 years = ACCEPTANCE!

Post-test I signed my Admissions agreement, got fitted for my Scrubs, and had my picture taken for my school I.D.  I felt the commitment ramping and I really likey.

In just 96 days I'm officially start Nursing School.  It's been so fun to initially share this dream as it was just blossoming, all the steps along the way, and now getting to see it come to fruition.

The Lord is so beyond good to put this calling in our lives and entrust us to carry it out to completion.  Feeling very blessed and thankful...and truly undeserving today.

10 comments:

  1. WHOOHOO -- so proud of you! Very excited to hear lots more about nursing school over the next several months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mom! I super appreciate all your help and support. Can't wait to learn more too

      Delete
  2. YAAY! Carly, that's incredible. What a relief! Hope you do something fun tonight to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lauren! Relief is a great word; that is exactly how I feel! Tonight Ryan is making dinner for me and other than that I have to study for another test tomorrow. So nothing too exciting but maybe this weekend we will do more

      Delete
  3. Whooooohoooo! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOOT WOOT SMARTY PANTS!! I AM THRILLED!! LIVE THE DREAM! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vee I am living it! Thanks for all your encouragement :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...