Tuesday, June 11, 2013

A Lesson on Gratitude

After Ryan's weekend birthday extravaganza here is a little landscaping news flash for you!

Check out these before and afters:
Before it was dirt, weeds, uneven, and bare.  Now it's lush, soft, and vibrant!  This area is right off our patio and is so nice to be around when we eat dinner and host guests

Dang!  Doesn't that look so good?  The previous owners of our home really didn't do a very good job of keeping up with many aspects of the house or landscaping.  And anything that was installed, was a poorly done job :(  We've spent SO many hours just un-doing what they did.

But thanks to my husband, Matt, Elliot, Katie, and my Mom we have a spectacular chunk of grass in our yard to enjoy!  It adds such a new, refreshing atmosphere to our backyard.

We still have red mulch to add around the garden beds, a 40 foot shed to have removed, a paver patio to put in, more grass in other areas, and probably a million other projects I'm not thinking of.  GAH!  But we're learning patience and are just grateful to be able to work.

The bottom line though:  THANK GOODNESS my husband is healthy enough for this kind of work.  

O Lord, by these things men live, and in all these is the life of my spirit. Oh restore me to health and make me live!

Isaiah 36:18

I you ever get tired of hearing my shock at his recovered health and reflecting on where Ryan was in 2012...well, too bad for you!  It never ceases to amaze me and I'll most likely never stop talking about it! 

I am endlessly grateful for his strength and recovery.  The remission of his Crohn's.  His ostomy.  A great medical team.  Remicade.  Help of family and friends.  HEALTH!

We've seen God's face with Job's eyes and we are no longer naive (if we ever were) to think Christianity = ease.  Real Christ following = struggle, sacrifice, rawness, radical faith  

Our faith is stronger is 2013.  The pictures and stories of our life in this slower season are all just reflections of God's mercy.  Our current realities are the result of an intensive refinement process--one that made God truly relevant to us and our faith even deeper.

We are grateful.

Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul.

3 John 1:2

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...