Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Throwing Stones and Our Yard

Jesus is so dang legit.  When is he ever not??  He doesn't judge but just loves the heck out of the unlovable.  I'm REALLY liking this verse today...

The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group and said to Jesus, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?” They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him.
But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her. 

John 8:3-7
(emphasis mine)

Isn't that so good?  It reminds me of my own absolutely undeniable sin; all the times I've messed up myself.  The truth is I am not one nanometer better than any person, even a very literal whore.  

If you were this prostitute, wouldn't you want the grace and love Jesus demands here?  I know I  don't want to get stoned!!  I mess up enough everyday to probably deserve several good stone-ings though. *cringe*

My own short-comings means I have no right to throw any judgements.  Jesus makes that much clear here in John 8.  That is seriously amazing.  Food for thought:  Do you have any "stones" you need to set down today instead of hurling out?  Most likely.  Let's show some love instead, yes?

  You know you would rather be loved than judged.

We're so like this prostitute being slammed by the religious folks.  If I'm in her situation I would want a Jesus-rescue  You too?  I "whore" it up too much in my life  (another of those great viral quotes when I run for president) and am only grateful when I don't get what I deserve: condemnation and damnation.

These verse reminds me to revel in the grace I'm lavished with every single day and extend it out too.

In other news...

Here are a few pictures from the Decker weekend:

This is the full chicken coop and run.  My last post didn't show the run at all.  There is a little ladder they walk down to enjoy that space.  Do you like Casey?

The ladies!  They are so hilarious.  They are getting along with Harpo famously and we should be getting eggs in about 4 weeks now!

The garden is blooming!  We have used our basil in bruschetta, our zucchini and squash plants are just sprouting, the blackberry and raspberry bushes are getting heftier, and everything else is thriving too.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful thoughts. And beautiful backyard! It looks so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tanks Lauren. If you guys came over right now you might think the backyard wasn't so pretty ;) We are MAJORLY landscaping and things are dug up, half-painted, and in giant piles. It's a mess but hopefully will look better soon.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...