Saturday, May 18, 2013

The Chickens and Their Coop

You guys. You guys.

My husband is the studliest stud of all time!!  He rocked this chicken coop business like nothing I've ever seen.  We bought the basic structure from a friend and Ryan decided to add insulation, siding, trim, a new roof, more structural enforcements, and construct an entire run for them.

It looks so cute (that red and white!) and the chickens love it.  We brought home 12 week old chicken on May 4th.  We named them Huevos, Ham, Bacon, Sausage, and Chorizo.  YUM! ;)

They will lay eggs around the age of 20 weeks so we have a bit until we get in on that action.  Until then it's fun to spy on them through the coop windows, let them run around the coop, and tame Harpo's undying desire to eat play with them.

Good job husband!  You rocked it.

The outside of the coop and the inside.  Nesting boxes to the left, roost in the center and feeder hanging up.  


Their water isn't pictured here but that's the only thing missing.  This is where the magic happens!

The ladies.  From back going clockwise:  Huevos, Chorizo, Bacon, Sausage, and Ham.

They were poking around and loving their simple chicken life.  Chickens are cray cray!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! There are laws about having chickens in town here, so we can't. But I would like to think that I would have chickens here if I could.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so fun Stacey! And not much work. We clean out their coop every 7-10 days, make sure their water is clean, and they have plenty of food. Plus we have tons of fresh eggs! Love it.

      Delete
  2. Very cute little coop! I'm a city gal, so this is quite foreign to me! But seems pretty neat! :) Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Vee me too! I know NOTHING about chickens really. Ryan learned about the coop, their feed, and basic needs. I just clean the coop once in awhile and make sure they have water. I'll be excited to get eggs soon. Other than that I leave them alone ha ha

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...