Friday, May 17, 2013

Back!

I'm baaaccckkk!

The blogging break was much needed.  It was a very refreshing sabbatical from having my eyes glued to a screen.  I soaked up time outside, enjoyed the amazing Ryan Decker, time with friends, family events, and all activities that are life giving.

The entire month of May feels a bit like a sabbatical of sorts.  School doesn't restart until early June and until then I am working while still soaking up more rest than anything else.  I am grateful to have the time and resources for such a slow, meaningful season.  It is a gift.  But I'm also excited to be back blogging now and filling you in on our lives.

So this is a peek into our life the past few weeks...

We got chickens and prepared their beautiful coop (posts coming on that tomorrow!)


We kept our niece, Rilyn 2, and nephew, Ryder 9 months, for a weekend.  We are obsessed with them!  They kept us busy and cracked us up the entire time.  We learned that we COULD be parents now if God so chose, but don't truly have the heart for that calling yet ;)  Though we pray our kids are half as cool as these two.


It was Mother's Day last Sunday and we celebrated!  Our moms are incredible gifts and we spent the entire day with them.  We had breakfast and played putt-putt gold with my mom and then had the Deckers over for a late lunch on the back porch.


Family picture with all the ladies and Georgie! 

I planted a garden--we have blackberry and raspberry bushes, peppermint, lavender, sage, basil, tulips, (my most favorite flowers!) and lots of vegetables like kale, tomato, lettuce, zucchini, onions, beets, and more.


Ry got a colonoscopy earlier this month.  It was encouraged by his surgeon and GI doctor to see his progression and get an internal update.  Although Ryan was apprehensive, he was brave and went through with it.  Any type of medical procedure flooded him with negative memories from 2012 but he seriously was so persevering and didn't let that hold him back.  I'm encouraged to give very positive reports!  The Remicade is rocking it for him and his intestines look so healthy and clear right now.  Praise the Lord!!

When he got out of his colonoscopy he was so out of it because of the anesthetic.  I asked him where he wanted to go to lunch and he said so groggily, "I just don't want to go to the Chick-fil-a play place!"  Ha ha ha!  So silly husband.  I didn't force him to go to the play place but we did get him some delicious food from there instead.

Last but not least, I coffee-ed it up on this break!  Is that even a word?  In my blogging break I enjoyed cups of coffee on the back porch, in our local library, and in my favorite coffee shop.  Nothing is more restoring and life giving than to sneak away with my Bible, my journal, my latest Bible study and a big latte for a morning of refreshment.  

We are so much enjoying that spring FINALLY arrived in Colorado.  We spend evenings on the back porch, weekends bike riding or spending time with friends, and loving every minute of health.  This summer is looking to be MUCH better than the last.

Praise Jesus for that!

This is a verse my mother-in-law gave to us and it's something we're mulling over and processing lately.  I'll leave you with it for now...

Come back to the place of safety, all your prisoners who still have hope!  I promise this very day that I will repay you two blessings for each of your troubles.

Zechariah 9:12


3 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Sounds like you had a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back chica! Missed you! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...