Saturday, May 4, 2013

A Blogging Sabbatical


I had big, fat, juicy plans to make up for my last few weeks of blog neglect.  I had every intent to fill you in on our lives and what's swirling around in our hearts and minds.  There were drafted posts about Burmese baby showers, how to seek justice, my increasing love of wearing old clothes, chickens, healthy recipes, and weekly happenings.

And then just a few hours after my last final on Friday...I felt an unmistakable tug to take an Internet break

 Just a wee one.

My eyes have been glued to a screen 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, for 15 weeks for on-line classes.  Although I love the flexibility and independence of that type of classroom setting it feels equally draining and physically tiring. 

And so I am declaring a blogging sabbatical to refresh and live up real life outside of cyber space. 

But I'll be back around mid-May.  Until then you can find me...

 gardening
 painting
enjoying my husband
 reading
chicken raising
neighboring
 coffee-drinking
 park walking
pondering
healthy cooking
 library-ing
friend-ing
 hanging with family
coffee shop basking
church-ing
enjoying quiet times
back porch lounging
and
 soaking up spring

Basically anything to get away from a screen.


P.S. Reaching For Fringe will have posts as those are scheduled way in advance and self-publish so check that out if you are interested!

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy it! I have had a bit of a break myself. Trying to adjust to life with 4 kids! I finally wrote out Holland's birth story... Almost 3 weeks later! Don't ever feel obligated to blog!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...