Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Thoughts for a Random Wednesday

A few thoughts this morning:

#1.  I hate forgetting my camera over a busy week/weekend.  I have no good pictures to show you!   You'll have to settle for the mediocrity of photography I am about to put in this post...

We look like sketchy goons.


#1.  Was any Coloradan (Coloradite? Coloradese?) duped into planting their gardens yet?  We have 8 INCHES of snow sitting in our yard from yesterday.  Enough already!!  I am super jazzed to get my garden beds ready, dang it, and get our flock of chickens!

 
(Woops.  Two #1's.  Act natural...)

#2.   Read this.  What in the world do they even talk about??

#3.  This awesomely cool face brought to you by a random book from The Tattered Cover bookstore.  I wish I looked this good but alas I have no cool hat and am instead cooped up studying my brain outs.


#4.  One particularly large research paper is stealing my life away at the moment, but have no fear.  I still know gentle readers like yourself come to see meaningful photos like this...


Or this...


Or this...


Errr....not sure what's happening here.  

My husband is probably the sketchy mastermind behind it...

Oh and a more serious #5.  I forgot this sweet habit for a while but then remembered it this morning.  I think it's really neat to read a Proverb a day correlating with the calendar date. So this morning I read Proverbs 10 since it's the 10th of April and all.  See how that works?  Aren't you glad I'm here to explain these complicated things to you?

Anyway, check out this stuff:

The blessing of the Lord makes rich, and he adds no sorrow to it.

Proverbs 10:22

Ok hold up.  In the margins of my Bible I literally wrote:  "SO confused..."  I'm wrestling with this verse because our life isn't really marked by this lately.  In no way do I want to be rich and wealthy but it does make me question what the "blessing of the Lord" means.  Particularly that part about having no sorrow.  Because we had a lot of sorrow last year.  Like A.  LOT.  So did that mean the Lord's blessing was not on us because this verse tells us his blessings adds no sorrow?

Or is that just confirmation that Crohn's is not from the Lord.  It's a result of a broken world and not anything a good God would dish out?  More like the inventions of the stupid devil.

Enlighten me if you know anything about this.  It's a good struggle to have this morning, to wonder about these complex words and realize how little my brain comprehends initially when scripture is involved.

Ok I think that's all. 

Hope you're having a great Wednesday and week!  What have you been up to?  Fill us in!


P.S.  Is is more weird that I have hot rollers in like an old woman?  That this is my reflection in a teapot?  Or that I shared this photo at all?  I warned you!!!  This is what happens when I forget my camera...

7 comments:

  1. Haha! I am obsessed with the picture of you in the teapot. Totally just made my day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll frame if for your graduation present.

      Delete
  2. So my theory on The Blessings of the Lord makes one rich and adds no sorrow to it! Funny enough I quote this often, so hopefully I have a little insight. I think it needs to be used in context. So for example your husband gets a new job. It pays triple his old job and completely is an "answered prayer" . Atleast seemingly, but now this new job involves missing church on sundays, it involves late nights and begins to take a toll on your marriage! That was not a "blessing" from the Lord. A blessing from the Lord would be a new job, a pay raise, but still allowed his family and dedication to Him to remain the same or deepen. As for your situation last year, I would not necessarily look at it as a "blessing from the Lord". The bible says the rain falls on the just and unjust. These things happen to everyone and being a child of God doesn't necessarily exempt you from hard times, nor the good ones. So in this case I wouldn't apply that scripture. Usually I use it to determine if something really is a blessing from the Lord. God is not a trickster, when He blesses us He blesses us and it is evident! Although your situation last year may have not been a "blessing", what the devil intended for evil, God turned it out for good, in the sense that you were able to encourage so many people through your faith and testimony! I hope this makes some kind of sense! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vee it makes SO much sense. I think you did a great job of explaining it. Many people (shockingly) told us that Crohn's was from the Lord. WHAT?!?! I just don't buy it. Especially with this verse to tell us that a blessing does not equate to sorrow.
      Yes, God works evil/hardship etc for His good and I am grateful. It seems like this verse has more meaning than I initially thought. You are a great teacher. Thank you.

      Delete
  3. Carly, what great questions you bring up and I love that you are not afraid to ask them! I probably should have read yesterday's proverb, since it was my due date, haha. I guess I will keep reading them until she comes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha somehow I just knew in my gut that wasn't Adam ;) You can start reading Proverbs today with me! I love it. Let me know if you do. I hope Baby Avia can come out and meet us all soon--come on little lady!

      Delete
  4. That last comment was from Arissa, not Adam. Just to clarify. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...