Friday, April 5, 2013

How to Move Forward

I read this verse in my time with the Lord this morning:

"You keep going backward..."

Jeremiah 15:6

Ack!

No thanks.

In context this was God's broken heart over Israel.  A nation He LOVED but who had rejected Him; relentlessly choosing other things over Him with no shame for a life devoid of holiness.

I cringe thinking about backward movement.  I want to be a forward mover.  Propelled into cultivating a richer walk and life for God.   My mind immediately flew to places I want growth, maturity, refinement, and forward movement.

A few places I jotted in the side notes of by Bible to move forward include marriage, communication, friendships, and wisdom.

How about you--what areas need some surrender and change?

Health?  Marriage?  Boundaries?  Spiritually?  Career?  Relationally?  Monetarily?  Time management?  Attitude?

Our God is one who propels us forward.  He has equipped up with the Holy Spirit to be taught, enabled, and mobilized to grow!   We don't have to do anything God is calling us to do alone.  

Stagnation is not of Jesus.

Forward movement today.  Enabled by God.  Called to it undoubtedly.  

It's what's on my mind. 

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,  so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...