Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Av's Game and A Professor's Mercy

We wound down our weekend at the Av's game on Sunday night.  They won!  I know nothing about hockey but it was still fun all the same.  Joe Coors (yes, of the beer) donated his suite to Healing Waters so we enjoyed stellar seats and a great game.  Thanks Joe!

Also, let me just say that there are still merciful, kind professors out there in case you were concerned.  I've only had the best of professors, but my Anatomy prof blew me away.

  I was rechecking my grades yesterday as I do every week to make sure things were recorded correctly (you would be shocked how many times there are unhelpful errors).  I saw two fairly big assignments with 0's and immediately e-mailed my professor asking what was up and if there was an error on her end.  

Um, prideful much me?

Turns out I forgot them.  I didn't do them.  I overlooked the assignments.  My horrid mistake. GAHH!!!! Cue the last 10 days of school anxiety and I broke down.  I wept to Ryan on the phone how this would break my grade and I would never get into nursing school and my career was over before it started.  I might have been slightly (ahem) irrational, though it's true missing these points would have left my grade bumming.

I called my professor and she immediately assured me that she would re-open the assignments. WHAT?! Can you even believe that!!  She was so kind and told me that due to my work ethic and high dedication to her class, she knew it must have been nothing more than an error and would make an exception this once to help me.

I must have said thank you like 10,000 times.  I was so grateful that my pride and mistake were met with generosity and help.  So undeserved and it really ministered to my heart (and overworked brain) as this semester closes.  I'm still in awe of her understanding and flexibility.  Dang.

I am grateful today for grace and Av's games.

Us enjoying the game

The snazzy suite!

Look at that view.  Seriously ridiculous.

Not sure what's going on but I knew when they scored and when a fight broke out

Driving to the Pepsi Center through Downtown

Pepsi Center!
 
Have a great week!  I hope you get an opportunity this week to extend some unexpected kindness and grace to someone else.  I'll have my eyes and heart wide open looking for a chance!  And that you get to enjoy the Spring after our snowstorm passes ;)

“This is what the Lord Almighty said: ‘Administer true justice; show mercy and compassion to one another.

Zechariah 7:9

2 comments:

  1. Oh I loved your little assignment testimony! Very encouraging! I sincerely adore when those types of things happens! They just make your day,well in your case semester! :) Have a great day! oxox

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...