Friday, March 8, 2013

Swoony Plate Wall

My heart is thrown into a frenzy of excitement when I see a Pin that just calls my name.   I really have to be like "mmmhmmmm..." for us to get committal.

You know it had to really speak into my soul's depths for me to plow through studying and two tests at a record pace so I can make it come to life. Worth it!

The latest swoony pin came in the form of colorful, whimsical and grungy.  The best kind of combo.  So in honor of me not buying new clothes I bought OLD...plates!   I'm hooked.

Plate wall.  Behold!

Well don't behold yet...this was the BEFORE picture.  Africa pictures (which will be lovingly placed in our office) occupied this wall since we moved in.  Alas, it's time for you to go AP's.

Behold!  Look at all those glorious mismatched colors that somehow just look so sexy on my wall.

Ryan hung them up in a record 20 minutes which really blessed my life

So there you have it.  Old plates on a gray wall with Harpo in the background = PERFECTION

Oh P.S.  This is my favorite plate.  She is really rad.

P.S.  I am REALLY jazzed about the 7-12" of snow coming through Colorado tomorrow.  Blizzard time!  I think our snow day will include shoveling, a fire, homemade chocolate chip cookies, and relaxing.  Do you have Saturday plans?

12 comments:

  1. Very nice -- looks good. All the plates are so unique -- my favorite is the rectangle yellow one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mom! I like that one too. It's different from all the others. It looks better in person. I think the photos makes the whole wall seem kind of huge compared to the plates.

      Delete
  2. I love this!!! what a creative way to use wall space. And as always, love that Harpo's presence blessed these photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linny. It was a fun project. I like it for spring and summer to make our house feel lighter :) I got Harpo in those pics just for YOU

      Delete
  3. pretty pretty! where'd you get the plates?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. antique store in downtown golden. and i already owned a few!

      Delete
  4. this is a fantastic idea! Luv it! You are nuts for welcoming more snow...aaahh, if i see one more snow flake i swear...lol
    Hopefully that blizzard just keeps itself in Colorado and doesn't dare make its way to Toronto! As for saturday plans, a brief house clean, and some outreach for church! I hope to have an early evening to prepare for sunday! Sundays are always super busy! Isn't your special Soireé tomorrow night?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vee we may be in Colorado but snow is hard to come by sometimes in winter. We usually get small storms that melt by the end of the day or HUGE ones like they are predicting tomorrow. Now the report is 10-20" for Denver. Woohoo!
      Love your Saturday plans-sounds perfect. What kind of outreach?
      The Soiree is on Sunday night actually and I cannot wait! You are so amazing for remembering that!

      Delete
    2. I see! In canada snow is inevitable...hope you enjoy your blizzardy day! :) As for outreach, we hand out tracks and invite people to come out to church on sunday. Also we witness to people about giving their lives to Jesus. Its fun! Sometimes you can get some very interesting conversations! And yes your right, it is sunday night...now that my photographic memory is loading the picture to my brain! LOLI can't wait to hear about it! :0 What are your friday plans? How is school coming?

      Delete
    3. Hope the outreach is/was amazing!! So neat and needed.

      Friday I ended up working the evening shift and Ryan watched a movie. Nothing too crazy :) School is great--SUPER busy this week with learning every inch of the skeleton. The Lord was very thorough in designing our bodies. I'll post soon about the Sunday event and want wait to read what you write about next

      Delete
  5. Love the plates! I too like vintage, interesting plates. I don't hang them though - i use them.

    Really enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we ever need extra plates I'll just get my down from the wall :) We already have a set of white plates for eating, but I like your idea.

      Glad you read it and thanks for the comment!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...